Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think that my truck is I was just wondering how I would actually know if it was??? I read in another thread it turns it down 40hp. Does a message come up on the message center?? I was told my truck eventually would because I did the dpf delete without any resistors or boxes

·
Registered
368 Posts
I dont think that my truck is I was just wondering how I would actually know if it was??? I read in another thread it turns it down 40hp. Does a message come up on the message center?? I was told my truck eventually would because I did the dpf delete without any resistors or boxes
you won't even have to question if it is in limp mode or not if it ever happens . it will be so weak that there will be no doubt about it . mine went into limp mode just after i bought it in '07 . i was trying to get it to the dealer for a cel and limp mode set in as i was crossing a mountain and it was so weak i thought it would never make it to the top .

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
No power at all. you step on it, and it feels like you are only getting 1/8th of the power.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I think there may be varying degrees of limp mode, one of the local guys went into a P1451 derate and only noticed it when he had his trailer hooked up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts