Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SERIOUSLY! I have a muffler on my truck but my 6" mitre makes my back window rattle like it is funny or something! I can't stand it! I have my stack clamped plenty tight to the top of the bed rail with a "Peterbilt" clamp. Any ideas how to get that thing to stop? Yes it's a slider.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And don't tell me to accelerate slower either!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
give the truck to me i'll deal with the noise!!!!!!!!:hehe:

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can probably hear it from where you are now.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
You can probably hear it from where you are now.
not yet, it isn't sitting sitting in the drive with my name on the title:hehe:

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hold your breath.

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang it people, I want some answers! LOL

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
It is quite a pain to do....but have you ever thought about putting Sound Deadening Material in the truck?? I have some Rattle Mat waiting at the house, so I can get my 8" Mitre installed....without all the rattles in the truck. Plus, it should help with the sound!!:thumbsup: I am going to pull my whole interior, and Sound Deaden all of the surfaces, to try and help with this same problem ahead of time.

Here's a link to the stuff I have. They have the regular 50mil Fat Mat, and the 80mil Rattle Trap!!:headbang:

FatMat Automotive Sound Deadener & Dampening Noise Killer Products

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
It is quite a pain to do....but have you ever thought about putting Sound Deadening Material in the truck?? I have some Rattle Mat waiting at the house, so I can get my 8" Mitre installed....without all the rattles in the truck. Plus, it should help with the sound!!:thumbsup: I am going to pull my whole interior, and Sound Deaden all of the surfaces, to try and help with this same problem ahead of time.

Here's a link to the stuff I have. They have the regular 50mil Fat Mat, and the 80mil Rattle Trap!!:headbang:

FatMat Automotive Sound Deadener & Dampening Noise Killer Products
:ditto: I think sound deadener is your best bet. I would do the whole back wall. The roof would be a good idea to, but may be tough to do.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I agree with diesel nuts, sound deaden it it works. I have to do the headliner near the rear slider yet and the doors, but the rest is done, it is much better

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
:ditto: I think sound deadener is your best bet. I would do the whole back wall. The roof would be a good idea to, but may be tough to do.
Yeah, it is quite a job....but I will be documenting the whole install....and will get back to you guys with the results in a few weeks!! I am definitely not looking forward to it....but with a buddy, and a few cold beverages....we will get it done!!:headbang::hehe:

·
Registered
650 Posts
my freind had an 85 chev 1/2... he put a really healthy motor in it and it did the same thing, rattled the slider window.. one day I was riding with him and it was driving me nutzz so I ripped a small piece of a match book and stuffed it in there.. problem solved.

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
I had a buddy do the same thing in his truck....since he had a system that was rattling everything. He used Business Cards though!!:hehe:

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good suggestion with the sound dampening material but it is the rear window that is rattleing! The sliding part rattles on teh non-sliding part. I tried shoving some stuff in there and it worked but then I opened the window and it fell out.

I'm not getting a non-slider thanks though!

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
Good suggestion with the sound dampening material but it is the rear window that is rattleing! The sliding part rattles on teh non-sliding part. I tried shoving some stuff in there and it worked but then I opened the window and it fell out.

I'm not getting a non-slider thanks though!
I understand what you are saying.....but with the sound deadening around the whole window....it will dissipate a lot of that rattle....and should insulate the cab a lot more too!!:thumbsup: It was just a thought, and maybe others have different suggestions!!:confused013:

·
Banned
5,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand what you are saying.....but with the sound deadening around the whole window....it will dissipate a lot of that rattle....and should insulate the cab a lot more too!!:thumbsup: It was just a thought, and maybe others have different suggestions!!:confused013:
I like the thought and appreciate all responses. I may even give it a try if I am feeling froggy! LOL

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,436 Posts
I like the thought and appreciate all responses. I may even give it a try if I am feeling froggy! LOL
Not a problem bud, and make sure you are feeling Extra Froggy.....since it is quite a job. I am doing my whole cab interior in a week or so, and I am really not looking forward to it!!:confused013::doh::hehe:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts