Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done the TV cable adjustment that helped my 2-3 shift duration along with adjusting the bands on the outside. But, nothing has helped my transmission shift into overdrive while I am standing on the gas. I have to let off or it will not shift.
When I am driving normal it is still a little stubborn and takes about 5 seconds to shift into OD after it is just sitting there over revving.
So what do I do now? Adjust the bands on the inside? It also does not down shift from 2nd to 1st until I am at 5 mph it would be nice to raise it so I stop wearing out my brakes. Thanks guys!

G

·
Is your PCM flashed to understand the diameter of your tires? If not, thats where the problem lies for both of the symptoms you mention. You may have to run up to a higher MPH/RPM to get OD at WOT because of the tires.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is your PCM flashed to understand the diameter of your tires? If not, thats where the problem lies for both of the symptoms you mention. You may have to run up to a higher MPH/RPM to get OD at WOT because of the tires.
So should I go to a dealer or is there another way?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does a superchips do this or this a dealer only flash?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have done the TV cable adjustment that helped my 2-3 shift duration along with adjusting the bands on the outside. But, nothing has helped my transmission shift into overdrive while I am standing on the gas. I have to let off or it will not shift.
When I am driving normal it is still a little stubborn and takes about 5 seconds to shift into OD after it is just sitting there over revving.
So what do I do now? Adjust the bands on the inside? It also does not down shift from 2nd to 1st until I am at 5 mph it would be nice to raise it so I stop wearing out my brakes. Thanks guys!
get a faster valve body i had the same problem intel i installed a faster valve body

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get a faster valve body i had the same problem intel i installed a faster valve body
I have a Hughes perf. V.B. but I wonder if I should drop it and inspect it for debris and make sure the springs are ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts