Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my 2002 auto cummins is stock from what I can tell...but heres what had me wondering since I got, I put a boost gauge in and Im seeing 28psi. I know these trucks are only supose to go to 20-22 before they defuel..Now im about to put a quad ADR on my truck and I not sure it someone maybe put a smarty/superchips tune on it, and i dont want to add my timing for the Quad box....what can i do to see if theres a tune on it?..I also have scan tools if they will help me find something out.
Thank you,

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
If you want to make sure theres nothing in it the dealership can flash it back to stock.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,698 Posts
I wouldn't put a superchips on it. I'd think you could hook up a smarty and it'd spit out an error if it's flashed with a tune.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Im not sure if Im going anywhere with this, but is it a possibility that it may have a boost fooler from quadzilla on it somewhere or maybe just a stock truck with a boost elbow that is allowing the higher boost #'s. Not sure if that was a possibility

·
Hemi
12,651 Posts
Boost numbers wouldn't go that high unless there's more fuel to spin the turbo.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theres felcrow on my fuse box where someone had a programmer on it but its gone now so that shouldnt be doin it right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is velcro on my fusebox too, I have been wondering the same thing. Also looks like I have a temp sending unit on my (manual) transmission and my exhaust manifold is tapped for EGT probe...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking at it today and theres a sticker on my rad suport that says"chrysler aproved something something..and it has TSB programer on it..what is that?

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
any programmer will override whatever is on it. there can't be two programmers on the ecm at one time

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If thats true, how do people stack them then:confused013:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts