Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure lt 315/70R17's in a bfg at on a stock truck will rub, but how bad? I found a sweet deal on some used tires they have about 3/4 tread left. I dont have any kind of lift on my truck it is completely stock. If I was buying brand new I would be going with 305's or 285's, but just cant afford them right now. Was wondering if you guys thought I could get around in these until I have the money for some new rubber. Also is it possible to maybe put the tires on and maybe add a spacer lift in the front so they dont rub for a small price. I have no idea how much these lifts are and how hard they are to install. It seems like as long as they dont rub the fender they really could not do much damage rught?

Thanks,
Hunter80

·
Boiler up!
2,451 Posts
mines levled with 315's no rubbing at all. b4 i did a level kit there was a bad rub tho

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have a 2.5 kit on my truck in the front and a 1in block in the back i did that kit for less than 150.00 and took maybe 2 hours to do in my drive way 315s on my truck rub alittle on the control arms not bad enough to lose sleep over. he r a few pics with the 315 on it

heres one before the 315 on it

hope this helped

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
i have a 2.5 kit on my truck in the front and a 1in block in the back i did that kit for less than 150.00 and took maybe 2 hours to do in my drive way 315s on my truck rub alittle on the control arms not bad enough to lose sleep over. he r a few pics with the 315 on it

Interesting, I just put 315's on H2's on my levelled truck, no rub at all but they come within 1/4" of the fenders and rub the inner fender.

Hunter, if your truck is not lifted up front I'd stick to the 285's, I ran them for 3 years.
You can throw in some spacers pretty cheap, you should put longer shocks in but can so that later.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hunter, I do not have any sort of lift with Bighorn 305's which by the specs are 1/2 inch smaller. 34 BG vs 34.5 BFG. I don't rub at all. Although when I had them on stock rims they just brushed the control arms at full lock. Nothing to worry about though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts