·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
i got a big enough generator i can hook up im not too concerned about it lol

-Jordan-

·
Registered
615 Posts
yes please tell me WTF is up... had 2 surges in less then a week and then one complete blackout for about 4 hours at the office yesterday...

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,297 Posts
same thing here in the central
texas area. too much pull with
all the heaters on high cuz of
the "cold" ..

ITS NOT COLD OUTSIDE !!!! TAKE YOUR FRIGGIN GIRLY PANTS OFF!!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
HAHA heater? what is this thing you speak of?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Well it sucked. I had to drive from Tomball to Conroe and back with a lot of the traffic lights out this morning.

MikeyB

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
This whole "rolling blackout" was all scheduled by ERCOT prior to today as a preventative measure...... supposedly. We have to keep in mind Texas is the only state that has it's own grid, and theres a total of three in the entire country. So needless to say there's plenty of power, but they are just taking caution so they don't have a grid failure similar to one that shut down the eastern side of the country a few years ago!

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
scheduled thats true but how much bs is it that jerry jones new stadium is guaranteed to not lose power but hospitals and everything else isnt!

-Jordan-

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
scheduled thats true but how much bs is it that jerry jones new stadium is guaranteed to not lose power but hospitals and everything else isnt!

-Jordan-
Well my house is in the same grid as a Hospital and I didn't loose power once today:confused013:. I agree though with your frustration!

·
Registered
15 Posts
In their rules it says that hospitals and retirement homes are will not lose power from the rolling blackouts...i would really hope that jerry world would lose power before the local hospitals would....if not then im really glad i dont live anywhere near there.

-Jordan-

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
well their rules arent applying or arent working very well this time because i know mutiple hospitals in Plano have lost power today.

-Jordan-

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
whoops another double post!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
we have been fine here but my parents live in leander and they have been on and off all day and a buddy lives in Temple same there...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah i guess i should research more before i post. Good thing i dont live anywhere near up there, i guess jerry can do whatever he wants. Really sad actually. I hope those hospitals have the right backup equipment.

well their rules arent applying or arent working very well this time because i know mutiple hospitals in Plano have lost power today.

-Jordan-

·
Resident Idiot
1,380 Posts
The fiancee works at the hospital and they were on generator power, we lost power at the prison twice but our generators kicked on within 30 seconds.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
For whatever reason our house in Houston has not been effected by any rolling black out in the past two years. We have Memorial Hospital (in Memorial City) real close to us and I am not sure if that has anything to do with it. Like we are tied into their grid or what

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No power outages in Crosby

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Banned
3,744 Posts
Yeah I think alot of the targeted areas were high volume usage neighborhoods. A neighborhood called Coles Crossing over here in Cypress has nearly 1,000 homes in it and the average house is 3,000+ sqft and they were out for about 30 mins every hour or so.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The reason for the rollin black was due to 50 different plants either trip or they could not bring up due to the cold. Our power plants in Texas are not made to for this kind of weather. So ercot could not keep up with the power demand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts