Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Houston Metro Area Chat Thread

21962 Views 560 Replies 68 Participants Last post by  TexasCummins
I am starting this thread for general chat, meets/shows, questions, announcements, etc. I didn't see a thread already initiated, so I hope this is not a rethread.

Well I will start this one off. My name is Javy (JV) but Coop is my nickname. I guess its a military thing... I have an 05 white QC 2500 Lonestar and love it, well until I pull up to the fuel pumps.

I just removed my fold out floor that covers the rear cargo storage if anyone is intested. I posted in the for sale section, but I would prefer a local sale so I dont have to try to ship this thing out. I am taking my truck in tomorrow to have a custom sub box built and the rest of my audio equipment installed.

Also was wondering if anyone has been running a programmer or chip and has not built their tranny? If so, how long have you been doing it and any problems. I would like to replace my vb, tq, and shaft but dont really have $3000 on me right now.

Thanks all and nice to meet/chat with ya.
1 - 20 of 561 Posts

· Registered
5,521 Posts
local

everyone should get together in october in baytown on 11 or 12 the dhra is going to be at the track:peelout

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt mind, but I have to see what my work schedule will be when that time comes. Its going to be hectic around that time.

· Texas Chapter President
831 Posts
I agree Seanth...I would like to meet everyone up there and hang out!!! Im sure most ppl from around this area will be there!!!

· Registered
707 Posts
Hey man, Nice to meet ya. The name is Workman (thats what all my friends call me). Im in the woodlands, so not to far from ya. I have an 04 that I have run the diablo and the edge on. Im looking to sell the diablo, but I want it to be in the area as well so that I dont have to ship. I have not even posted a sale ad for it yet. No problems with running either. Stay in touch. Let me know if you need anything.
~AW~

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stationed in FL, what an ....lol. I would love to be stationed there, but everytime I tried, I was basically denied. So where are you stationed now if you live in Vidor?

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahh, forgot about recruiting. I think I might have to give it a try one day, but for the guard so I dont have to move every 2 years and return back to my old career when they want me to.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice to hear from all. I know there are more people locally, come on in and chat.

well i am getting my custom system built and installed in my truck. cant wait to hear it.... i am thinking of upgrading my amp from the Rockford Fosgate power 500a2 i have now to a Rockford Fosgate t1500-1bd, but dont really feel like spending $800 on an amp right this second. Anyone have any hookups on amps, or know of someone selling one in great shape?

Still have this Punch 12" DVC P3 sub in a ported box if anyone is interested... Box is big and will not fit in our trucks unless you fold up the rear seat. I have to unfortunately downsize from a single 12" to two 10" subs due to the space in my truck.

· Registered
150 Posts
coop, i responded to another thread you were on about your stock tranny. if you have any questions about the abilities of a stock 48re please let me know. careful with that PUP.

about the meet's guys, im down for a street meet or at the track. i am partial to a local meet since it is hard for me to get to the track since i spend my weekend's on my cat wheeling in the woods. i would more than LOVE to get a meet together on a tues or wed might after work, weather it is at my house or at one of my friends businesses. i can get somthing going if needed.

with that being said, i have been very disappointed with meets in the past with problems like littering in public places and no-shows. or ppl bragging about there rides online and then being private about it in person.

eitherway, i would love to get something together no matter where it be.

-marcus- tomball area btw.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will have to make at least one meet. I will be extremely limited on time off here in about a week when i go back to work. I have been off for four months now. Tomball, hmmm how close is kurkendyl (however its spelled) and louetta to you? We used to have import meets at the Chewy Balls, but they closed shop. Sucks too because it was a pretty cool place with awesome drinks. thanks for the response too. I am taking it easy until I get the vb and tc. oh and nothing secret on mine, it would be open for all to look and see, not that there is anything to see, haha.

· Registered
150 Posts
keykendahl and louetta. about 3 miles. you would go strait up kuykendahl just past 2920. there's a walmart and a b-dubs up there.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i ordered my afe intake today. cant wait...

i have a rockford fosgate power 500a2 for sale also. trying to sale it and the sub and box as a set.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i now have my afe intake installed and will have my custom audio system finished on Monday. Cant wait. I guess the next step is upgrading my tranny as soon as it decides to take a crap on me. It seems to be doing okay so far. I really want to try out my programmer on exteme mode, but a little worried it will kill something. I may toy around with it soon....haha.

· Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TxHemi, how did your surgery go?

· Registered
976 Posts
my tranny is still stock and i have ran the smarty on level 3 and 5 without any problems for about 2 months. now i am running the smarty on sw2 with the x2 to be able to adjust on the fly but it always seems to stay on level 3 or 4 and so far i havent had any problems with it.

831 Posts
ha...I vote we change this thread to "The Life and Times of Coop" :lol3: Just messin with ya...I get what you are trying to do...

So here Ill update yall on DZL...I know yall are soooo intrested in me!

Yesterday I found out my license was suspended!!! Just a lil history I have gotten way to many speeding tickets in the past 3 yrs...i wanna say i have 9 on my record currently...so needless to say I pay to keep my license.

I got pulled over last week for you guessed it...speeding...by a state trooper and he didnt say anything to me about my suspended license. (I later find out why) So anyho, a cop friend comes in and says gimmie the ticket ill see if i can call him and get it taken care off...and he runs my dl...and says ummm yer license is suspended :thud: So i start freakin out and call the state

Well as of last yr i only had 6 speeding tickets so i was payin my regulary schuduled $35 to the great state of texas...well since I got 2 at the end of last yr that put me over 6 and i have to pay an additional $25 a month...well I didnt know that and didnt get the letter they sent back in May telling me about this new fee nor did I get the one in June telling me i no longer had a license cause i didnt pay :thud:

So anyways they say yes just pay your new fee every month along with your regualr fee and itll be reinstated in a couple days.

The only reason my cop friend can think the state trooper didnt write me a ticket or take me to jail was he said my driving record his so long...he had to scroll down like 3 pages...that he prolly just didnt scroll all the way down tosee the last activity said suspened. cause at the top screen it still showed valid...makes no sence but thank God for that...

Ive never been to jail and never want to...that is one of my biggest fears...I would def be :CRY:

Oh and my stupid boost guage quit yesterday. Ok Im done!!! :lol3:

· Registered
345 Posts
Your insurance must have taken a hit. Do you know any good agents?:lol3:

831 Posts
JEEP JEEP...whatcha up to???? Luckily I knwo a VERY good one...my insurance is only $87 a month!!! 9 speeding tickets and every kinda coverage you can get!!!! :woot:

1 - 20 of 561 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.