Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to Ingelside yesterday and the route I normally take was closed off by TxDOT and DPS. I took the long way to bayside and upon my return I found the route was open again. I drove by as they had the crane loading the Ford onto a flatbed. The wrecked PJ was already sitting on another 40' and the cargo (fairly large diesel engine block and other assorted items) were all pushed to the side of the road.

Be careful out there folks. I am from Rosenberg but I don't know the man who died.

Rosenberg Man Killed in Refugio County Crash | Corpus Christi, TX | KZTV10.com |

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw that too, I probably passed ypu at one point.

Condolences to his family.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Let's not JUMP to hot shot. I don't see any lettering on that truck and it's also a srw truck. Plenty of "normal" non commercial people pulling trailers in Tx.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
Let's not JUMP to hot shot. I don't see any lettering on that truck and it's also a srw truck. Plenty of "normal" non commercial people pulling trailers in Tx.
Just curious how you determined this. Magnetic signs do fall off and I have seen plenty of single wheel hot shots out here at the drilling sites.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I thought the video said a person named "Blair" in the SUV died? The "truck driver" fell asleep and survived.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just curious how you determined this. Magnetic signs do fall off and I have seen plenty of single wheel hot shots out here at the drilling sites.

I didn't determine anything, nothing said he was a hot shot or commercial. So why say it. How about saying Guy pulling trailer??

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
If you look at his trailer and then the load that was on the road. Anyone who works oilfield can tell that's not a guy just hauling a trailer.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that too, I probably passed ypu at one point.

Condolences to his family.
I was heading down to the EMAS Marine Base, you?

I am pretty sure it was a hotshot, when I passed I saw a sticker/magnet on the door. The items on the road were not typically owned by an individual.

·
Registered
372 Posts
If he was commercial and found to be driving over his hours, he will probably do some time. That seems to be the trend lately

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.