Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that my truck needed fuel system upgrades like a Fass system or the like in order to use the unlock tune on my truck. I currently have all the deletes, Edge, S&B cai,& a BADP gen 1 delete pipe with no muffler. Wondering if you guys agree? TIA :confused013:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
No you dont, but it helps, I just bought my 150 fass, after i bought XRT, edge, mp8, and quad boot fooler. So i was running all that without the fass, but on low power of course.

·
Registered
497 Posts
for the 50$ that there charging now its worth it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The hot unluck tune is $50 right now? I was told it was like $ 125. I just need to call Edge & order to get the pin # right? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hot unlock is awesome, big increase in power and throttle response but at the expense of quickly climbing egt's. My mileage has also gone up on the hot tune.

·
Registered
573 Posts
It was $100 when I got mine done about a year ago. It is worth it, but make sure your truck can handle it, and ya a fass or airdog system is a must. Without it I could get my fuel pressure down to 1-2psi!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iron Man do you have any fuel system upgrades? Your mpg's went up on the hot tune, that's weird???:confused013:

·
Registered
226 Posts
No you dont, but it helps, I just bought my 150 fass, after i bought XRT, edge, mp8, and quad boot fooler. So i was running all that without the fass, but on low power of course.
How is that combo working for ya? Do you have the timing function on your edge?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Iron Man do you have any fuel system upgrades? Your mpg's went up on the hot tune, that's weird???:confused013:
I was surprised to see this also, but I check the mileage @ every tank, and it has gone up about 1 mpg. My mods are dpf delete, egr delete, afe mega cannon, and of course the edge with the hot unlock tune. I just got my boost fooler today, we will see what this does for the truck.

·
Registered
497 Posts
if you can stay out of it with all your stuff turned up you will do better

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I would drain the fuel rail with the PowerPuck and Hot unlock - till I added the AirDog.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've also noticed a decent MPG increase with the chip cranked, but you'd have to drive like a grandma- which is hard to do!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I suppose yall are using a fuel pressue gauge to moniter rail pressure losses? I don't think the Edge has that ability does it? I notice most of you are stacking modules, I'm curious if I'll be in trouble with just the Edge box turned all the way up. I just went to the Edge website, they're advertising the hot tune @ $100, is there some member dicount to get it for $50?

·
Registered
497 Posts
no they where selling them for 50$, you will be ok to stack i ran mine for a long time with edge and mp8 on stock lift pump/

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
How is that combo working for ya? Do you have the timing function on your edge?
I love it, intense smoke and power but, high egts. i had teh timing function on my first one, but managed to find a used one that did not have it and thats what makes all the smoke, although it smokes really good on the edge on stock.

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
I was told that my truck needed fuel system upgrades like a Fass system or the like in order to use the unlock tune on my truck. I currently have all the deletes, Edge, S&B cai,& a BADP gen 1 delete pipe with no muffler. Wondering if you guys agree? TIA :confused013:
when i had the edge and deletes there were no fuel issues, only when i added the MP8 on top did i start to starve the CP3, i added a FASS and all was good. now that the injectors are in, CP3 is not keeping up, Arson on order. you will have no fuel issues with just an edge and deletes, but it is a good idea because of the extra filtering and constant pressure with an aftermarket lift pump.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Everyone always gets better fuel mileage but me.:confused013:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts