Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trying to learn
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot Shots Stiction Eliminator Hot Shot's Stiction Eliminator for Gas & Diesel Engines
I use this every oil change and have had great results with it. My motor continues to run consistent after using it. Had oil usage up to 4 qts in 7k miles, that dropped down to approx 1 qt in 8-10k miles. I believe I had stuck rings that became free'd after using it. No proof, speculation only. Started using it at 380~390k (? would need to investigate) and am at 434k now with no performance loss and continued ~1qt oil usage

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I use it, smells something awful outside the truck when up to temp for a week or two depending on how much you drive it. Least for me it does.

Quieted my truck down a lot, ran a lot smoother. Was noticable from the first oil change I did, was about 5 mins of idling before I noticed it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've used the fuel additive and It helps(it too smells HORRIBLE). I've never tried the stiction, with the truck just over 276k maybe I should...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Better living through chemistry!

·
Registered
89 Posts
so do you use it in place of one of the qt's of oil? 11 qt's of oil and 1 qt of hot shots?

·
Trying to learn
7,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Alright... I changed the oil & filters yesterday and substituted the stiction for 2 qrts of oil. That stuff isn't cheap. I'll report back after driving it for a while.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am just about to wrap up my first experience with it in the pan as I will be changing the oil in the next 500 miles.
I will echo with others on the smell, I couldn't decide if I liked the smell or not. The smell only lasted about 2k and then faded away.
I would say the engine was a bit quieter during the initial stages but that seemed to go also away with the smell.
My idea with running this was to give it a good internal cleaning but with the darker than night oil that comes from this later 3 gen truck I don't suspect I will notice anything worth mentioning when I do the change.
Maybe I will cut the filter up and or do a OAS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts