Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Wow. Gonna be some toasty valves and pistons in there.

What all do you think he was running? #2, Nitrous, Water?

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
MY GOODNESS!!!:thud::thud::thud: How did it run when he slowed it down!!!:thud::thud::thud:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I also spent a season crewing on an NTPA Super Stock tractor. Several things I see there.

- That ain't #2 flaming out of the stack at the end of the pull. Hard to tell what it is, but there seems to be a lot given the pull is over. The driver may be giving it a shot of something to keep it running.

- That looks like a fabbed, painted steel header with four exhaust sources - 4 turbos I would assume. Most steel melts at less than 1500 degrees. High end stainless will melt around 2000 degrees. So that gives some idea on temps.

- The exhaust is not showing any flame at the stack, so it isn't running wildly hot. When we pulled, we watched the flame on the stack to know when to turn the water on. All you could run at the time was #2 and water.

·
Registered
153 Posts
u guys ever read the arguments that go on underneath almost all of the diesel videos i watch on youtube? it amazes me how many stupid ppl there are in the world that think they know everything.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Glowing hot -> fire extinguisher = not good for header! :$:

u guys ever read the arguments that go on underneath almost all of the diesel videos i watch on youtube? it amazes me how many stupid ppl there are in the world that think they know everything.
...that's why I dont even bother looking at comments anymore :thud:

·
Mark Ward
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i just watch the vids then close it. The comments are ridiculous. But some are funny.

Im not sure what hes runnin, but what ever it is, its getting extremly hot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts