Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just decided to take the 08 out with the 24 foot cargo trailer instead of the 06.....what a joke....hand calculated 9 mpg....I am the biggest fan of dodge and the cummins....but this is ridiculous....what a piece of crap mileage....the power and transmission are impressive....but I paid 4.59 a gallon for a 9 mpg truck....I should be able to haul 80000 down the road with that horrible mileage.:$:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Guys are getting alot better mileage without all the emissions stuff on it. I'm not too familiar with it, but I'm sure somebody will chime in with the different delete kits that are now available.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
that seems to be about right on for most towing stock with the 6.7. I towed my 32' Flatbed on a 500 mile round trip and got 15 MPG.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much did it improve after the delete comp....I have talked to you before....I can't bash the mechanics of the truck.....it is impressive no doubt about that....and if diesel was less expensive it wouldn't be as hard to take....but I know my 06 was a lot better stock....

·
5,055 Posts
You will get a 2 MPG increase with the Delete. Maybe more in your case since you are a little lower as far as the starting point. I dont think my 04.5 got too much better then this one did stock. Maybe 1 or 2 MPG at the most.

·
Banned
75 Posts
dont forget that the newer ulsd fuel completely sucks for mileage and power

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya my 04.5 wasn't as great as my 06's are either.....guess I need to give hs a call and get it coming....are you running 500ppm with your delete? or you still running 15?

·
5,055 Posts
ULSD, cant find LSD around me anymore.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if running the lsd is hard on the injectors as they claim.....it is easy to find around the areas I travel.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not even joking, my dads new Peterbilt semi with a Cat 3406, 550hp gets 9.25 mpg. of coarse thats not haulin 80000 lbs but still. this is pretty ridiculous. im getting 13.7 mpg right now.

·
5,055 Posts
I wonder if running the lsd is hard on the injectors as they claim.....it is easy to find around the areas I travel.
I dont think its the injectors its hard on. its the DPF and NOx filters the extra sulfur causes issues with.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I Hear ya!!

I was just crying about this too! I love my truck but pulling 6000 lbs. through the mountains, my over head reads 8.7 mpgs!! for the round trip. thats up and down the canyons. even if that's a little off that still sucks! My 04 did way better but I still wouldn't switch back.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Torquey

Don't feel so bad dude, I got 7-8 while pulling my trailer on my route when I first got the 07' I have... I have deleted and made all sorts of mods and its up to 10-12 mpg now and I hope to see even better once I get the help from Infinite P&D...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a 2003 1ton that got 18.6 empty on hwy. Also had a 04.5 that was on steroids and best was almost 16MPG hwy. But my 06 is at 28,000 miles and is getting 18 avg if I go easy. What the best your 06 has gotten?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Don't blame Cummins, blame the tree huggers with the environmental pu$$y agency that made them unable to attain the mileage we normally see with the Cummins

·
Registered
212 Posts
Speed is a factor when hauling, I would be willing to bet you have a skinny pedal addiction. I am getting 11.5 hauling 24' gooseneck with 5300 series John Deere that has accessories, bucket and plow real close to 10k. I don't go over 65 when loaded and I can see it pays. Unloaded I have started to run only 65 and am seeing numbers closer to 18 mpg on the highway. Did 575 miles on my recent tank and filled up yesterday, 32 gallons, for a total of 17.968 hand calculated doing 65, unloaded.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have to remember stting stock your new 6.7 is putting out more horse power then you older truck. That means your gonna burn a little more fuel. The DPF and Nox doesn't help either. Let it get broken in it should get better.
On my 08 I've pulled my 30 toyhauler twice and got 10.5 mpg. on flat ground, trailer was approx. 10,000lbs.

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
i say we take a convoy to the EPA headquarters! ....and have a little fun. btw red fuel is much better for the motor than that crap ulsd

1 - 20 of 55 Posts