Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First off, a HUGE thanks goes out to President CEpp for helping me wire this set up. I had the plumbing,airlines,and mounting of the horns done. When it comes to wiring with perfection I called on one of the best I know of. His attention to detail and maticulous ways were impressive. I owe a great deal of gratitude to him. Thanks bud! :thumbsup

For this particular install, I chose to install the horns to the frame, drivers side, between frame and drive shaft, just infront (towards the motor) of the fuel tank.It is a good odea to mount them slightly downwards to keep debris out of the horns. It also makes the sound sort of bounce off the ground.
View attachment 8714

View attachment 8715

While down there you want to install the air valve. You want this fairly close to the horns so that you wont have a delay when waiting for the air to get to the horns

·
Registered
308 Posts
nice what kinda horns are they

·
HI
3,440 Posts

·
HI
3,440 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have that same kit. I put a T and a quick connect on mine so I could air up tires that were low on the farm, and general on the road side help. I wonder if you could run an impact on this system?

·
Registered
375 Posts
any links to the pictures of how you mounted it?

·
HI
3,440 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
well i started on my install today. spent 7 hrs running everything the way i want it. all i have to do tomorrow is mount the other two horns, air tank, compressor, and valve. oh, and run the air lines. everything is in place, just have to bolt it down. so i figure another 2 hours and everything should be ready to include the remote air line. pics coming soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts