Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Horn honks with power window switch

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rghavana 
#1 ·
As the title says, my power windows do not work, and every time I push up or down on the power window switches the horn honks. Passenger window switches also do this. Even the window switch in the back, which makes my daughter laugh. Anyway, about a year ago I put in a cheap eBay clock spring. I can hear that click when I use my power windows. Not sure how my horn and power windows are related, but maybe someone here has dealt with this issue before. I pulled the horn fuse, no more honking, but windows don’t work either.

2004.5 dodge 3500

#2 ·
Does it do this when you have the engine off and in park? Does it only do it when in gear? Does your interior cab light come on too? I’m just curious if the wires got crossed, and it is doing the horn honk thing like it is not in park.

#5 ·
My guess is you've lost a ground and it may be under the hood for the fuse and relay box. Your completing the horn circuit by back feeding it's replay. The horn relay needs maybe 1 amp when the windows need 15+ so windows do nothing and relay functions. Check every ground at or near that box and body grounds and battery cables have multi wires going to them also.
Good luck. Let me know what I've won.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.