Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, newb question.

Which wires are for the horn and washer motor?

Pics would be great (even pics of the stock locations works)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Why you asking??? The plug for washer fluid only fits tha unit, same for the horn plugs. If you want a location, the horn plugs are behind the bumper on the driverside. Washer fluid plug is in same erea as the driverside headlight. So right under the battery. Hope that answers what you are looking for

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My truck has neither, so before I go throwing in things I want to make sure I actually have power at the right points.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Did you get the truck all butchered up like that? All those plugs run from the same harness by the driverside headlight. Best to if your missing the connectors is a salvage yard a grab what you need.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I can get you pics if you want but I'm at camp for another week.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not butcherd, but yes. I belive the connections are there, just no pump/horn.

I'm ordering a tank and pump from LMC tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ok I misunderstood, I'll takes pics of mine on Thursday I'll be easy my bumpers are off and my washer tank is off to.

Reactions: sleepr tsi

·
Registered
550 Posts
maybe you should just stick to your dsm's haha! joking btw

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks stephaner142. I'll should be getting ready to do it right about then

and alextsi66, if it was a DSM I'd be worrying about dropping the tranny for another rebuild :hehe:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
As promised, first pic is for horn, as you can see its right under the driver fender just in front of the wheel arch. notice tha my plastic wheel arch liners arn't there. Usually the horns are bolted to the bumper support bracket.

The washer tank plug, you can see its taged with a green tape, same harness as the airbag sensor right under the battery tray, you can see the sensor in the pic, looks like a trangle.

Reactions: sleepr tsi

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
You're welcome!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks a lot!

I figured out the reason I wasn't getting power to the horn connections was because of the relay was missing :rolleyes:

You've been real helpful and I'm taking your advice and getting a manual.

There are plenty of other issues to figure out here, should be useful

1 - 13 of 13 Posts