Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get my truck to not hop when starting out when my trailer is hooked up. I was just wondering if this happens with anyone else? I can live with it if it is the cluch.

· Registered
3,618 Posts
its clutch chatter. when your taking off try bringing up the RPMs a little higher some times that helps smooth it out.

· ICC Advertising Director
972 Posts
Other people have posted similar issues with their dual disc's, You might check out the 'Towing and Hauling' forum way at the bottom of the main forums.

How are you starting? With these and most diesel trucks there is no need to 'stall up' the truck before you let out the clutch. I gently feather in the clutch from an idle without touching the throttle. The engine fuels up to maintain RPM. The only time I don't start this way is with a very heavy load or a intentionally hard launch.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I do put it in 4 low when i get to the park, its just a stop lights. At an idle i ease out the cluch, i can get it to not hop but it takes a minute.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.