Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im putting a hood stack on my 04 race truck and i was wondering if its illegal and does it violate any of the nhrda rules.

ive heard if its under 5" tall it doesnt obstruct view but thats a rumor

·
Registered
492 Posts
to drive on the street? well its pretty obvious at that point there is no muffler...and im pretty certain you will find some law officer that will give you a hard time about it

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya it will be driving on the street to and if they want to get technical the turbo is a mechanical muffler

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
The law in Alberta is the exhaust must exit behind the cab. Its a traffic violation if you don't and they will give you a heavy fine and or impound your truck. And if they give you the fine they give you afew weeks to fix the violation and if you don't then bigger trouble.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Just don't go rippin by johnny law with the coal rollin and you should be ok, haha.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm im guessing this will become a race only truck

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
How exactly is it a traffic violation though, thats what I'm curious about.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Your exhaust can not exceed 92 decibels at any time, if you modify it in any way and the guy with the tuxedo pants wants to be an a--hole he can make you get an engineered certificate to say it is legal. I do not know on a pick-up where the certificate is on a Freightliner it is in the middle of the dash. That is one of the things that if you want to play and the man wants to be, like he can, you will pay big time.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o yes it redneck heaven here

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
yes redneck ville here but I think they import the ocefers from the east.
Any modified exhaust can be a ticket. My sons friend had a fart can on his daytona, sounded like crap but was not really loud. he got a ticket for modified exhaust. There is a sight you can go and look up all the traffic violations and the definitions. I just don't know exactly where it is.

·
Banned
553 Posts
make a y pipe off the DP one to a stack and one behind the cab make some sort of internal flaper make it so u can switch lol

·
Banned
553 Posts
yes redneck ville here but I think they import the ocefers from the east.
Any modified exhaust can be a ticket. My sons friend had a fart can on his daytona, sounded like crap but was not really loud. he got a ticket for modified exhaust. There is a sight you can go and look up all the traffic violations and the definitions. I just don't know exactly where it is.

thats bull the only way they can give you a ticket is if its st piped u have a muff of any sort ur fine and there is no noise limit that 92 db is a crock of 1/10 cop cars are equitp with the sound meter thingers so the liklyhood of that happing is very low

·
Registered
65 Posts
thats bull the only way they can give you a ticket is if its st piped u have a muff of any sort ur fine and there is no noise limit that 92 db is a crock of 1/10 cop cars are equitp with the sound meter thingers so the liklyhood of that happing is very low

No... but they can confiscate your car/truck and test it for anything while they have it. If it passes your off the hook, and if it don't... "pay to play".

remember owning and having a drivers licence/car/truck is a previlage and not a right.

·
Registered
341 Posts
F$%* the police thats my motto!!! I also have a lot of tickets too. Lol... o well if you wanna play you gotta pay i guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes the turbo is a muffler, but its not a spark arrester, the stack impares you vision, does nothing for noise. Doesnt bother me if you do it, have fun, its Alberta.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i went to the cop shop and they dont me the day i do it is the day they impound it and wait for me to change it then i told them thats a bunch of BS then they thought it would be cool to interagize me for an hour but whatevs so i guess i aint doing it.......................................im PO cause i had it all planned out and 92 db is crab my bros jeep plays 176db inside and outside its still 97db with the right notes and i blast it everywere i go trying to make them mad

·
Registered
100 Posts
I thought the 92db was just a city of calgary bylaw, and that there were no exhaust restrictions for diesel's as a whole in AB

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
4yr thread resurrect, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts