Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a guy driving today in a 98-99 4x4 sounded stock dut he had a drag scoop mounted on the truck looked good but it wasn't finnished can anyone tell me if he needed this due to a mod or somthing or was this like those fake dressup kit or what?:confused013:just wondering

·
Registered
999 Posts
Could be used for forcing air into his filter if he has it plumbed/boxed up so it's useful....or could be just for looks. I've seen big rigs with an aero scoop on their hoods but don't know if it was useful or just for looks.

It's definately diff.

Take the SRT-10, that hood is just for looks since it's not boxed in for the air filt. Now on the SRT Challenger, it's functional. Some SRT Chargers are, some aren't.

I have a SRT-10 fiberglass hood and one of these days I'll make the ducts so I can force some cool air into the filt. and make it so when it's raining, I can block it off. There's a few days when it rains enough to get my motor wet. Should make a block off plate for those days and soon.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Those stick on hood scoops are gay.
True...just for looks which aren't very well made. The 'glass ones are better and can be made to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts