Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 3500 cummins and wondering if removing the hood liner from the truck would cause any problems. Reason being is the mice keep making a nest in it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I spray behind my liner with full strength pinesol, no mice, and my 6.7 smells like the bathroom at Starbucks.
i completely understand ur reference, but i’m still creeped out by it hahaha

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have a 2019 3500 cummins and wondering if removing the hood liner from the truck would cause any problems. Reason being is the mice keep making a nest in it.
No, you will not have any issues removing your underhood liner. I've removed them from multiple trucks for various reasons including critter nests.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
14,547 Posts
I would get a barn cat or something to help deter the mice from making the truck a party habitat for them. If the mice are into your hood liner, next up is wiring. Also one of the ulterior uses of a hood liner, is in the event of a fire they are designed to fall onto the engine and assist with suffocating the fire. It doesn't always work, but that is one of the theories beyond noise dampening and under hood beauty. Just keep in mind, if you remove one source of enjoyment for rodents, they will find another

·
Registered
1971 Ford F-250 4x4 12v Cummins conversion
77 Posts
I’ve also had to remove hood liners from a few different vehicles that I own (because of mice). I installing Dynamat under the hood of my old 1977 F250 (460 gas engine) to help keep the noise down. Heat hasn’t been an issue for me with the Dynamat.

·
Registered
If I unplug two injectors, will it be a Cummins?
9,764 Posts
One of the reasons for the hood liner is the heat from the engine can cause hot spots and overhead the paint in spots. I would put dynomat on there if you remove the fabric/paperish liner

·
2,615 Posts
All my cab and chassis trucks didn't come with them
Even the Laramie ones. Highly recommend getting some of those little green poison blocks and hide them in the vehicle and any where mice might be on your property without allowing pets to get at it.

Reactions: mattswaggs

·
Registered
If I unplug two injectors, will it be a Cummins?
9,764 Posts
All my cab and chassis trucks didn't come with them
Even the Laramie ones. Highly recommend getting some of those little green poison blocks and hide them in the vehicle and any where mice might be on your property without allowing pets to get at it.
Yea I had a dog get into a shed and eat one of those. Had to dump some peroxide in his mouth to make him throw it up.

·
Bob be Bob
3,591 Posts
OP. The mat can be taken down. I don't have mine in place.
We have rats because of the compost and the veggi garden.
Two Pitbulls here in da 'hood keep them under control.
And I have night vision on a pellet rifle so I get to enjoy hunting
them when the dogs seem to be slacking off. Which isn't often. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts