Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister just stopped by with there new 2019 3500 DRW Laramie on the way down here she said every semi that they passed on the highway cause the hood to lift at the front and rear. I tried pulling it up but it seems to be locked down I can't understand how the back were the hinges are should do that. Was there a recall on this problem or is it normal for the newer trucks.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Normal. The hood is aluminum. There is some dealer fix or discussion on adjusting a brace, but pretty much that's how it is. Soon she will not even notice it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Adjust the hood stops up a turn or two to add some extra resistance when it is closed. That has helped mine, noticeably less movement now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
On mine it did not seem like the hood was actually lifting but rather flexing. I think just the aluminum really increases the flexibility and when you not used to seeing your hood moving it makes you worry. The very fist time I admit I did stop to make sure it was latched.

There is I believe a TSB for the same issue on the 1500s and they add some bracing across the middle in the form of some kind of metallic tape? I could be wrong but for some reason remember something about tape.....?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts