Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my homemade pressure sensor fooler this morning and i still get CEL and overhead display dinging. I followed all the advice and intructions from yall. I didnt have the 110 resistor so i put a 100 and a 10 in line together. And used the 390 for the other side. Used basic elec connecter with the forks and broke one side off to use as pins, fit well. I did the dpf delete a month ago and just now figured out to do the pressure sensor. its been unpluged since then. WHERE DID I GO WRONG?

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Do you have a code clearing device? If not you can do 5 key swithces to clear it. Just like the 3 to read only more.
I believe I posted a simple step by step on this somewhere. I'll see if I can find it for you.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Found it:
Try this:
Install all 3 egt foolers
Install 110/390 PS fooler (or the H&S fooler)
Unplug EGR
O2 Sensors installed
Turn on the key. DO not start
Clear codes with your scanner
Turn off the truck
Turn back on and this time start.
You should then only have the EGR code and CEL
Should not have the OHD message either.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i dont have one. thinkin about the xrt or the edge juice/att. but i did the three key switch like shown in the video found in the tech forum i think

·
Registered
689 Posts
You have to have a code clearing device in order to get rid of the overhead message, but if you are unlucky like me the message will come back in about 300 miles or so and then you will have to clear them again. I have tried every solution posted with no luck I still have to clear my codes to get rid of the message every now and then. I bought my DTC reader for about $75 from Advance Auto. I will be buying an XRT or Smarty once all the dust settles between the two and we have a clear winner:thumbsup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried the five key thing and nothing. Someone on here used a 100 ohm instead of the 110. Maybe try that?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have to have a code clearing device in order to get rid of the overhead message, but if you are unlucky like me the message will come back in about 300 miles or so and then you will have to clear them again. I have tried every solution posted with no luck I still have to clear my codes to get rid of the message every now and then. I bought my DTC reader for about $75 from Advance Auto. I will be buying an XRT or Smarty once all the dust settles between the two and we have a clear winner:thumbsup:
Does your DTC reader clear codes or just show them?

·
Registered
402 Posts
my overhead was always dinging.

I think its fixed now by unhooking the batterys for a while. It isnt going off in my yard if I let it idle for 20 minutes like it would before, but I havent driven my truck down the road to be sure.

I only drive it when I go racing and thats not until next friday saturday sunday.

I had 12 codes on my code ready and 8 codes on my pmt before I disconnected the batterys!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I never did get the fooler to work from H&S or the home brew app.

Casey at H&S just recently though I should splice the ground wire on there fooler and connect it to the frame. It will be a while before I have time to do this and put another 300 miles on. I will let you know when/if this works.

I wish either Edge Insight or the Bullydog Watchdog would clear the codes on startup like there PMT and Attitude products do. Then I would have no need to buy an expensive Smarty or XRT. I think there are a lot of us who just want to do the deletes and don't want all the added power this kits offer to be code free. They will tell you that just to run the XRT or Smarty on the stock setting with no DPF, but what a huge waste of money just to have the CEL off. What it boils down to is about $700 or more to have a permanent fix when they could just add a feature on the insight or Watchdog to clear the codes on startup. Both of these products are under $300 plus you get all the gages you need. :banghead:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never did get the fooler to work from H&S or the home brew app.

Casey at H&S just recently though I should splice the ground wire on there fooler and connect it to the frame. It will be a while before I have time to do this and put another 300 miles on. I will let you know when/if this works.

I wish either Edge Insight or the Bullydog Watchdog would clear the codes on startup like there PMT and Attitude products do. Then I would have no need to buy an expensive Smarty or XRT. I think there are a lot of us who just want to do the deletes and don't want all the added power this kits offer to be code free. They will tell you that just to run the XRT or Smarty on the stock setting with no DPF, but what a huge waste of money just to have the CEL off. What it boils down to is about $700 or more to have a permanent fix when they could just add a feature on the insight or Watchdog to clear the codes on startup. Both of these products are under $300 plus you get all the gages you need. :banghead:
Im like you man, dont want the extra horsepower (it has plenty). Just need something to keep everything else workin right. But I'm gonna try the unhookin the batteries thing next.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
Either invest in the code clearing reader or stop by AutoZone. They'll clear them for you.

I have a ScanGauge 2 I run when I'm not running the PMT. I was even y cabling them for awhile. PMT no likey that.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think there are a lot of people like us, but these companies make to much money selling bloated products at a very high cost. For example Edge and Bullydog could very easily add the clear codes on startup feature to there lower end products, but choice not to. If any vendor is reading this please make a code clearing device on startup that does not cost an arm and a leg. Let me know if the battery things works for you I have also already tired that as well with no luck

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I think there are a lot of people like us, but these companies make to much money selling bloated products at a very high cost. For example Edge and Bullydog could very easily add the clear codes on startup feature to there lower end products, but choice not to. If any vendor is reading this please make a code clearing device on startup that does not cost an arm and a leg. Let me know if the battery things works for you I have also already tired that as well with no luck
Clear codes is not something the average truck owner would want. It is possible that doing that will be found on a Starscan at a dealer and then the "what are you hiding" starts. Then they start looking for mods. I was only code clearing with my SG2 about every week or so. At that time I would leave and accept the CEL & EGR unplugged code. I had no issue at all doing that. It wasn't until my last update with the PMT that I decided to give the code clearing a shot. It has it's drawbacks as well. Remember there is always an effect from a cause when we do something.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm gonna try unhookin the batteries, then the code reader, then if still nothin try the 100ohm instead of the 110 with the stereo connecters as pins. I want my 5.9 back.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hear you I wish I had my 2004.5 5.9 back as well:)
Who ever has Ole Red now sure is a lucky guy. He dont know how good he has it. 2005 5.9L, 103,000 miles and never had it in the shop

1 - 18 of 18 Posts