Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Men,

5.29 for diesel 20 miles north of New York City....Home heating oil is cheaper than at the pump.It is essentially diesel.Will it run a 6.7 cummins.Just a thought

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Hey Men,

5.29 for diesel 20 miles north of New York City....Home heating oil is cheaper than at the pump.It is essentially diesel.Will it run a 6.7 cummins.Just a thought
Nope... 2 Problems...

1. It most likely RED-DYED...
2. 6.7L is very picky about the fuel your use in it. But if you has say a 1st or 2nd Gen truck then it would run just fine... But 3rd Gen and 6.7L trucks would have some serious issues... (DPF and injectors problems).

So don't even try it... I know that 6.7L can't even use 2 cycle oil... (VOID WARRANTY)

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Red dye means nothing mechanical for the engine. You can run it in the engine just fine, its jsut died red to clear indicate lack of road taxes.

2. 6.7L is very picky about the fuel your use in it. But if you has say a 1st or 2nd Gen truck then it would run just fine... But 3rd Gen and 6.7L trucks would have some serious issues... (DPF and injectors problems).
Not true, the sulfur content is the only issue at hand. 3rd gen trucks will run LSD just fine, while the new 6.7 will not. If your going to run HHO make sure its of the ULSD type. ITs harder to find, since most HHO is higher in sulfer, but I can find it at pumps around me.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Red dye means nothing mechanical for the engine. You can run it in the engine just fine, its jsut dyed red to clear indicate lack of road taxes.

Not true, the sulfur content is the only issue at hand. 3rd gen trucks will run LSD just fine, while the new 6.7 will not. If your going to run HHO make sure its of the ULSD type. ITs harder to find, since most HHO is higher in sulfer, but I can find it at pumps around me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts