Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a high majority run Smarty and whatnot. Could anyone tell me why when I have my Power Puck on 60 or 90 with any stack tune the smoke is so so but if I turn my Power Puck off and run a regular tune I dump a ton of smoke? Is it the tunes in the programmer or is the module doing something? I like to run the module because I can feel a good power increase but I like smoke to! They say running the stackable tunes w/o the module or it turned off will cause the motor to not run correctly..

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
When I flip the Puck on (w/Smarty), it clears up almost all of my smoke (what little I have :lol3:). The increased pressure atomizes the fuel better...and therefore burns better :thumbsup

BTW, I dont see what the problem would be with running stacker tunes w/out the puck...it's not like the puck does timing or anything...

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll try a stacker tune w/ my puck off and see what happens. This programmer is slow so I hate having to change the tune all the time. I'd rather be able to just flip the switch.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Thats funny mine smokes even more with the puck turned on?

·
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have thought I would smoke more with the Puck on w/ running a stacker tune, but when I turn the Puck off and run a non stacker tune I smoke like there's no tomorrow.. Confuses me. Diablosport tells me my truck will act up if I run a stacker tune w/ the Puck turned off or a Non stacker tune with the Puck turned on, feel me?

·
Registered
520 Posts
stack

Thats funny mine smokes even more with the puck turned on?
I am probably wrong cause I am learning here, but... the 03-early-04's have different injectors than 04.5-07's, might be the reason for more smoke???

on a side note I just scored a Dsport puck for $100 shipped:woot: now... if I could find a smarty jr for a give away price:thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts