Tire condition and pressure checked
Exterior lights checked
Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
Tires rotated
Front differential fluid flushed/changed
Rear differential fluid flushed/changed
Transfer case fluid changed
Odometer reported as 49,189 kilometers

This is a 6 speed HO now when they replaced the injection pump it would most likely be a HO still right. is there any way to tell which pump it is buy looking at the pump?

The truck has 140k kms on it and has a salvage title. 6 speed slt black leather heated seats. Guy is asking $14000 for it what do yall think?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hell no, I think his price is high, especially since it has a salvage title.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well most others with 60k more kms and less options are going for 16500, this is the best equipped lowest km truck for the cheapest that i have seen. The other being an 01 6 speed salvage no leather with 160 k kms that sold for 13500 cdn.

I am going to be trying to get the truck for $12000 cdn but what do you think a fair price is?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Salvage title is a huge red light. You don't just junk a title because it needs a new pump. If my pump went bad and i couldn't afford a new one, I'd just get title only until i could afford a pump or sell the truck. Its possible something happenned to it that wasn't reported.

·
Registered
585 Posts
But to answer your question, there is a 99% chance that its a ho pump. When you get one, you need the engine code. I've also heard of people getting dtc's when switching to a so pump.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
years later the truck was a write off. Mostlikly box damage and minor cab damage. that is very common the cause of a write off up here in BC. I am not too worried about that aspect as long as it drives true. (I am a automotive refinisher by trade but now converted to a welder) so I know the autobody trade fairly well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
if the write off didn't cause any major damage, then 14 seems pretty good. not sure where in BC you are, but thats prolly right in the ball park for price. maybe even a little bit lower.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am in burnaby bc. I still have to go talk to the guy. Only real issue to me is that it was given a salvage title in 1/17/2006 and not given the rebuilt title till 08/23/2008
so it seems that is has sat for a while. The owner of the body shop is selling it.
if the write off didn't cause any major damage, then 14 seems pretty good. not sure where in BC you are, but thats prolly right in the ball park for price. maybe even a little bit lower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts