Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Direct experience.

Maybe you have water in your hood to stop the flutter? I know my 2019 pooled water inside from those badges.
That's a strange answer. Maybe your front hood stops are misadjusted. That is, the hood front corners are not resting on the stops, thus "flutter play"

·
Registered
564 Posts
While getting fuel today the guy next to me had an "EcoBeast" badge on his F150.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Didn't want to stare. Those things have 2 turbos!! MUUCCCHHH superior to the single turbo on a 6.7L

·
Registered
770 Posts
Haha sure!

Might want to stand back while he empties his catch can in the trash bin near the pump.

Did you ask how his cam phasers were hangin?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I keep the water level up to factory spec and have no flutter.
Sorry. I thought your post #55 was serious. Your glib responses are disillusioning and unappreciated. Have a good day, I'm out.

·
Registered
770 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
So I point out the 2019+ have actual issues with the hood and it’s considered “strange”.

By the way, I did a lot to fix that hood. I even stuffed rubber under the fir tree hood stops to put pressure on the hood.

What happened with that? The thin hood lifted up even more!🤦🏻‍♂️

All in all, my 2019 truck was such a good quality machine, Stellantis took it back to sell it a second time.

·
Registered
2019 Laramie Sport,4x4,HO,LB, Dually, Air Suspension,Tow Package,12 inch display
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I like the idea of adding more factory water. I used spring water but it must be lighter than the factory fill. I did order two of the HO emblems from Amazon. Cannot wait for the extra 100 HP and maybe that will stop my low speed incline surge and hopefully fix my 12 inch display gremlins.
I will post the results.
Rock

·
Registered
2019 Laramie Sport,4x4,HO,LB, Dually, Air Suspension,Tow Package,12 inch display
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I like when it says i joined last year. It was with my first 2001 2500 4x4. But I got locked out numerous times and user name had to be changed. Ya I was one of the Mexico cracked block engines. And tranee issues but I am still here and on my third Ram.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I like the idea of adding more factory water. I used spring water but it must be lighter than the factory fill.
If the water level gets too low, the 30 wt ball bearings fall out. Buy a bag and add them at the fetzer valve and it'll be like new: only a minor flutter at 80 mph.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Seriously, someone should fill their hood with a little concrete and see what happens.

Reactions: Jimmy N. and Drle
61 - 80 of 138 Posts