Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a few pics of my new 2012 SRW 2500 CC pickup. I pull several different trailers through out the work week so I have several hitches. I'm not a fan of the Aluminum slide hitches with the 2
" and the 2 5/16" ball so I chose to work with two individual hitches. That being said storing them in the tool box is a pain in the a** and the cab is not an option so I built a storage rail that bolts in the bed out of the way.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For what it's worth I added some pictures of my hitch storage to my gallery. If you want to check it out that will have to work till I figure this out. Again sorry about the bad post.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I use a versa ball setup an carry two different drops. The versa ball comes with a plastic case to hold the interchangeable balls.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I've got two hitches... the weight distro for the car hauler and a genaeral drop hitch. The ball on the drop hitch has the interchangable balls so no need to worry about anything else.

I just keep it in the toolbox (W/D is in the trailer when not in use) and it's nothing to get in the bed and use the toolbox, that's what it's there for.

·
Rescue Tower
10,810 Posts
For what it's worth I added some pictures of my hitch storage to my gallery. If you want to check it out that will have to work till I figure this out. Again sorry about the bad post.
Better quality pictures can be posted via another web site like dropbox, picasa, etc. The way this site embeds and scales them down bites, plus you really lose control of your pics once posted. Using said sites above if you delete them they disappear from any forum you posted them on.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Aluminum slide hitches with the 2
" and the 2 5/16" ball so I chose to work with two individual hitches. T
Out of curiosity, what do you not like about the aluminum style hitches? I have have been looking at them for a while, but haven't got one yet. I assume your talking about something like the Andersen Rapid Hitch? Rapid Hitch

Your Pics below:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Out of curiosity, what do you not like about the aluminum style hitches? I have have been looking at them for a while, but haven't got one yet. I assume your talking about something like the Andersen Rapid Hitch? Rapid Hitch
I have a tow & stow from B&W and absolutely love it. As long I keep it somewhat clean and lubed up, I've never had a problem with it. Great hitch!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.