Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track tonight,.....and broke something in the tranny. had to get flatbedded back home. My guess is i sheered the bolts off the TQ. It happened right as i hit the lock up going down the track. It didnt lock up right away and i sprayed NO2 at the same time....and no go after that.

Sux cuz the diesel shoot out is next weekend! and i just bought a dual cp3 kit... :$::CRY:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
dang man that sucks.... does hts warranty stuff like that? if you need anyone to use your dual cp3s while your down let me know!!! :)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dang man that sucks.... does hts warranty stuff like that? if you need anyone to use your dual cp3s while your down let me know!!! :)
Yeah dusty at HTS gives warranty, but i forget the details of it. i have only had it for about 9 months and 15K miles. It just sux that i have to pull the tranny a week before the shoot out. i was looking forward to smokin people!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I didnt know their was a shoot out coming up. Is it here in FL?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I cant imagine you sheared the bolts off the convertor. Im going to bet its a non billet shaft that just became a non billet 2 piece shaft :[

Im sporting all billet after my emberrasing show at TS. I pulled to the line with my TCS Billet input shaft... I started bringing the boost up and got to about 20 PSI and it sounded like a gun shot when the OUTPUT SHAFT sheared! I never expected I could make enough power to shear that shaft with a mechanically BONE STOCK truck. All I have is electronics and water meth.

So, I got a gracious call from OpieParts.com who made me a good deal on his fat shaft output shaft and his intermediate. I am now billit front to back with TCS and OpieParts.com.

I hope its something so simple for you as sheared bolts... but that there would amaze me.

Good luck dude!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey Larry! I havnt got those stickers yet. Whats going on man?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i talked to dusty and he seems to think it was the input shaft. (i check the TC bolts and they are fine.) i have a billet input and output and if it were the intermediate, ide still have reverse. (at least thats what i have been told)
Im having him put in an intermediate in anyway while its there.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got it flatbedded to the shop, and i was surprised to find out that the truck would move on its own! not very fast tho. when i put it in drive and got the engine rpms up, it would creep forward. same thing for reverse!

What does that mean? .....possibly the TC is shot?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,561 Posts
if it moves very slow but still goes in gear, it sounds like it may not be getting enough fluid to the tc.. ?

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drained the pan/converter. looks like a candy metal flake paint paint job in the pan! the transfer case is out and so are the converter bolts and hopefully ill have time to drop the tranny tonight. my dad dropped my kid sister off with me 2 days ago so i havent had a lot of time to work on it. Im hoping to get it sent out by tomorrow afternoon.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i just finished pulling out the tranny, the TC EXPLODED!! it sounded like a rattle trap fishing lure.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Clean that trans good... or you won't have to much time with either again, flush the lines and coolers thoroughly

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just the converter, but i went ahead and did the intermediate, and dusty was nice enought to replace my billet input with a brand new one free of charge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts