Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well had the truck at fleece today to get efi live and get dynoed. only got to do one dyno run before we noticed some problems. had several boost leaks and one somewhat minor problem so hopefully will get some legit tuning and real numbers monday. truck did 704 and 1400 torque but they seemed pretty sure it will hit almost 800 with the stuff fixed

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
was really disappointed in a few parts as in my t&c pump as it would only hold 22psi instead of the 26psi the truck was demanding and really wish i didnt put the gdp air boss on as it made putting some stuff back on a pain

·
Piggy Piggy
3,423 Posts
Are you running the 466 or a billet 366 ? Thought I seen in one of your post you said that you was running a 366...

Still great numbers,I say you will be high 700s easy get the leaks fixed.Is fleece in full production of there CP3's ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a s466 billet wheel and yeah i do believe they are ,*** selling their cp3's, i would love to get one. those guys really seem to know what there doin

·
Registered
415 Posts
was really disappointed in a few parts as in my t&c pump as it would only hold 22psi instead of the 26psi the truck was demanding and really wish i didnt put the gdp air boss on as it made putting some stuff back on a pain
you and me both, i only made 14 more hp with the t&c 150%, dual feed, ported rail & t&c prv, over the II 85% single feed, stock rail & stock prv

·
That sunset tho....
2,744 Posts
Looks like the CP3 thread that mysteriously vanished a couple times which contained information about T&C products being overpriced paper weights was correct. It sucks they aren't performing for you guys though. I am not sure if you guys saw the thread but Rich from Doghouse Diesel and Shane from motorsports diesel both made tons of valid points on why these T&C products weren't worth the money and had many instances of failures they've witnessed on trucks running these products.

·
Premium Member
2,419 Posts
Looks like the CP3 thread that mysteriously vanished a couple times which contained information about T&C products being overpriced paper weights was correct. It sucks they aren't performing for you guys though. I am not sure if you guys saw the thread but Rich from Doghouse Diesel and Shane from motorsports diesel both made tons of valid points on why these T&C products weren't worth the money and had many instances of failures they've witnessed on trucks running these products.
The fact is no one seems to want the truth to be known, there are so many so called CP3 pump builders now, one must be VERY careful to really research what they are buying. It is for this very reason I have the equivelant of a CP3 dyno in my shop, we test all makes. Suffice it to say, I am yet to be surprised or impressed. Results usually are followed by an intense shaking of the head in disbelief of what is being sold today.

Do yourself a favor, don't buy a pump from a newcomer, all they have done is stolen their technology, they don't have a track record for quality or know how. Do you really want to be their Beta Tester.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we are going to get it back on the dyno monday or tuesday morning after the problems are fixed and see where we sit. hopefully hit 775 hp

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
You mean 22 thousand right? Just want to make sure that your talking about the rp.

I barely made 21k on my runs and I was commanding 24.5k

What size nozzles are you running?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You mean 22 thousand right? Just want to make sure that your talking about the rp.

I barely made 21k on my runs and I was commanding 24.5k

What size nozzles are you running?
yeah it was 22000 when he was commanding 26000
im runnin 150 horse nozzles from scheids i believe their a 7 hole
might i ask why you were commanding 24.5k seems like most always do 26k

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
yeah it was 22000 when he was commanding 26000
im runnin 150 horse nozzles from scheids i believe their a 7 hole
might i ask why you were commanding 24.5k seems like most always do 26k
I don't like running extra pressure, never have and this was the first time I tried goin to 24.5k for the dyno.

One reason being, I just got done payin well over 3000 for my injectors and the way my luck is I don't need any other reason to end up with injector problems because of my own fault.

My injectors also have a 7 hole SAC style Bosch Motorsport nozzle.

·
That sunset tho....
2,744 Posts
Speaking of injectors and bad luck, the shop that is installing my injectors finally got them back and put them in, they went to test drive the truck and then called me to ask if the ABS light was on when I dropped it off a month ago and if the speedometer worked (both were working when I dropped the truck off). They said they aren't able to communicate with the ABS Module and I have a feeling they are going to try and make me pay for it. They have the local dodge dealer coming up to scan it and see if they can flash it and pull a code. Thoughts or opinions? Sorry for going off topic but theirs a lot of knowledge in this post.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Dumb question....But how would installing injectors make your abs light come on? they must have accidentally unplugged something or forgot to hook it back up.....it could b the speed sensor? that would make it so the abs light was on and the speedo to not work....my buddy in his '10 1500 hemi pulls his abs pump fuse or the wheel speed sensor to turn off traction control.....I'm thinking they just messed up and forgot to connect something or bumped something

·
That sunset tho....
2,744 Posts
Dumb question....But how would installing injectors make your abs light come on? they must have accidentally unplugged something or forgot to hook it back up.....it could b the speed sensor? that would make it so the abs light was on and the speedo to not work....my buddy in his '10 1500 hemi pulls his abs pump fuse or the wheel speed sensor to turn off traction control.....I'm thinking they just messed up and forgot to connect something or bumped something
Well they did quite a bit more than just replacing injectors, head studs, #110 springs and rods, turbo, manifold, they hooked up my turbo timer, fabricated a new Ac line because my steed stuck out to far etc. They don't think it is the sensor in the rear axle because the ABS light is on speedo isn't working and they said they cannot communicate with the ABS module. Shop has been great so far and everything has looked great and handled well, I just hope they were trying to ensure I wasn't pulling a fast one on them. I spoke to Dodge and the module is $522 and they think that when the dealership gets to the shop they will be able to flash it and get it working again. Either way, if it was working when I dropped it off, and now its not do you think they should eat it or that I should have to pay?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,905 Posts
Speaking of injectors and bad luck, the shop that is installing my injectors finally got them back and put them in, they went to test drive the truck and then called me to ask if the ABS light was on when I dropped it off a month ago and if the speedometer worked (both were working when I dropped the truck off). They said they aren't able to communicate with the ABS Module and I have a feeling they are going to try and make me pay for it. They have the local dodge dealer coming up to scan it and see if they can flash it and pull a code. Thoughts or opinions? Sorry for going off topic but theirs a lot of knowledge in this post.
Check the fuses, if they can't communicate either it has had a thermal event (read burned up) or it isn't getting power.

The ABS valve is behind the drivers battery, I find it very hard to believe they'd unplug anything over there unless they are complete idiots.

Reactions: Mr Sensitivity
1 - 20 of 28 Posts