Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I have a 01 2500 24 valve and i dont know if its just me but the idle seems kind of high on my truck. the guage says its about 750 rpm, but it just sounds high. Is this right or do i have a problem on my hands? The truck is bone stock with 3 1/2 inch exhaust. (straight pipes, no cat, no muffler)
Thanks everyone! :peelout

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Well the 24V trucks are pretty loud...that could be it...does the tach function normally when driving?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have not noticed any problems in any of the guages and i tend to keep a pretty good eye on them while i drive.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Hey everyone! I have a 01 2500 24 valve and i dont know if its just me but the idle seems kind of high on my truck. the guage says its about 750 rpm, but it just sounds high. Is this right or do i have a problem on my hands? The truck is bone stock with 3 1/2 inch exhaust. (straight pipes, no cat, no muffler)
Thanks everyone! :peelout
it is sounding like it idling fine. 24 valves are louder!

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Mine idles at about 800-850 RPM's typically...

Then the Straight piped exhaust is loud enough t obe heard 1 full miles away...:w:

But cruising it's not to bad...:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts