Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but couldnt find antything.

I have an 06 Mega Cab 5.9 Auto that is all stock, except for a mild lift and 35" tires.

I came to a stop last night and it seemed as if the accelerator was stuck and the truck was trying to pull ahead, despite me holding on the breaks. The engine exhaust also sounded really strange, but it was coming from under the hood. A really deep sound to it. I then put the truck in park and when I shifted from drive to Park, as I passed Neuteral, the RMPs spike to almost 3k, until I reached park, then it idled fine once in park, at about 725RPM. When I shift into either Reverse or Drive, the RPMs go to about 1200.

Once underway, the truck shifts fine and drives normal, all the way to Overdrive gear. Once I come to a slow roll or a stop, it does the above all over again. I am stumped.

Could it be a speed or tranny sensor issue? That is what I am hoping for, but I am at a loss. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
15,611 Posts
Over running sprag clutch in the TC has failed. You now have a no stall TC. Time for an upgrade. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.