Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever actually used this? It sounds cool while doing it but the quickest way to warm up the vehicle is to drive it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I use it all the time. More so in the winter though.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I use it every time I start my truck. Especially after it has been sitting for some time. Sometimes, when on the Right-of-way, I use it to get the A/C cold, faster. I love it. I wish that I would have had on my past trucks.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to Cummins Forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to Cummins Forum.

Thanks! I've been poking around for a while.

I think my manual states that if I were in a cold enough area, the dealer could enable the "high idle" feeture. I was done with my tower on a rig and set it on accident.:hyper:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Dont forget to set up your signature so we know what your runnin. The dealer hit me for 67 bucks to turn it on. It only took 2 minutes to do. What a crock!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dont forget to set up your signature so we know what your runnin. The dealer hit me for 67 bucks to turn it on. It only took 2 minutes to do. What a crock!
Ok, So How do I turn it on?

I figure that I am not the only one with that question and I really don't have the time to dig in the owners manual.

thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
Dealer has to go into the ECM

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After starting the truck, turn on the cruise control. Bring the RPM's over 1000 and hit the cruise set button. Get off the skinny peddle and the truck will idle at or just above 1000.
Turn on the Engine Brake. You might like the sound.

If the Dealer has to set the feature I guess they did it before I was there to purchase it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hmmm, I never have to press the "skinny pedal". I just press cruise to activate it and then press set. It automatically goes to 1100 rpms and if I want, I can increase the rpms by 100 each time I hit the set button. I got my lesson from the dealer who activated that for free (well, he was clearing a P2262 code at the time, but I digress).

Of course pressing the brake cancels it out or turning off the cruise does the same thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my dealer activated it in my last two trucks free of charge. autos are a little easier than a manual. manuals require some additional parts, not just programming. love the feature...helps the a/c keep up in the summer time when i leave the truck running.

·
Smells like Bananas
7,244 Posts
Has anyone ever actually used this? It sounds cool while doing it but the quickest way to warm up the vehicle is to drive it.
i use mine alot to help cool the turbo, pretty much about it though

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hmmm, I never have to press the "skinny pedal". I just press cruise to activate it and then press set. It automatically goes to 1100 rpms and if I want, I can increase the rpms by 100 each time I hit the set button. I got my lesson from the dealer who activated that for free (well, he was clearing a P2262 code at the time, but I digress).

Of course pressing the brake cancels it out or turning off the cruise does the same thing.
Guys, I wanted to clarify that I hit the "Accel" button on the cruise to raise the idle, not the set button like I first stated. Each press of that raises the idle by 100 rpm. I hope my misstatement didn't cause any confusion for anyone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts