Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just added the Banks Techni-Cooler with the High Ram Intake hoping that would relieve my EGT issues. My truck has always run hot, but even towing I didn't see a huge difference. Running 70mph @ 800F and getting on it can be over 1500F. Any success stories or performance enhancers I am missing?

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Fuel = heat. Air = cool. More air less fuel.

a 2 piece manifold might help, other than that, might want to consider, water/ meth injection.:thumbsup

and getting on it can be over 1500F
What exactly is getting on it?1500* WOT with THAT much fuel sounds about right. Not good, but right. We set several trucks up that have mild upgrades and tow alot with a water kit. EGT's are much more manageable.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Get some twins or a bigger turbo. Personally the water/meth thing is just too much trouble. If you want to keep running the Edge on level 6 you need more air especially with the 90hp sticks. Bottom line turn down the fuel or add some more air.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Agreed geta smarty, they run alot cooler, i don't have sticks yet but i can't get my truck over 1000* raping it, and lovin evry minute of it!:peelout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts