Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have this problem: While driving at night with the high beams off I can see an intermittent flash on the instrument cluster (high beam indicator) that's about 1/3 as bright as if it was on? I tried adjusting the dimmer switch to see if it would affect it but it doesn't? This is a new truck to me so far (only 500 miles to date) and I didn't find any info. on the search tab. It's distracting to catch a glimpse of it flashing.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
yeah mines been doing this since new! never really bothered me.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Very odd.....what does the dealer say?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't discussed it with the dealer yet. I'm sure there wanna get me to bring it in....

·
Registered
1 Posts
high beam light sucks

I took 05 3500 dually in for the same reason last week and my service writer called me (left me a message the coward) and said upon questioning Dodge that Dodge emailed him a response of:

Dodge is aware of the problem and that they had tested several lots of parts and found it to be normal that the indicator would flash in a certain % of units.

They went on to say this was normal and no fix was authorized.

To say I'm not happy is a understatment. I am going to try and get a copy of the email.

The flashing light is distracting at night and I feel I shouldn't have to use 5 cents of black tape on a $40k dollar truck!:CRY:

·
Registered
808 Posts
I think it is a 05 thing my truck is doing this also it isnt bright but it is enough to get on your nerves if any one can figure it out let em know something also the mystery high beam indicator

·
Registered
517 Posts
my dads '05 did it and they replaced the instrument cluster and it still did it when he traded it off.

·
Registered
808 Posts
it all comes back to chrysler i think just like the late model cherokees with the dash that would just go dead and come back on everyone i know has the problem but there was no recall for it the warrentys are crap on chrysler any more my 05 has the second gear problem with low throttle and the dealer wont fix it cuz i have 80000 miles on the truck its dumb that they know there is a problem they should fix it

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
mine only did it when i had it programmed wierd

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine works normal, but I wish that it was wired into the dimmer switch. Man, that thing is bright!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts