Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got hids installed about 8 - 10 months ago absolutely no problem then during xmas i was driving in the rain i got to the house unloaded the truck went back out to go to the movies w/ my wife and the main lights quit working. fogs are also hid they work fine. i theres a pack type thing that a fused power wire runs into then splits into two wires and goes to each headlight. that pack seems to be the problem if i jiggle it around they will try to light up but not come on then quit trying. "back yard joe" installed them and i have no idea what the pack is called or where to get a replacement. i took it off and cleaned it up with electrical cleaner they worked once and now nothing. please i know there isnt much to go off of any help would be great

·
Registered
80 Posts
the box your talking of is the "balast" they do go out some times. what brand are they? if you didnt install them and not sure where there from better off buying a new set. a few buddys had theres go bad. they had the ones off ebay they contacted the seller and sent them in and got new replacements some sellers have warrantys and they got lucky

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine just stopped working, and the inline fuse going to them had just come loose. If your lucky that might be the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts