Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my bi-xenon kit. The low beams work great but when I switch to the high beams they shut off. Any help would be great

· Registered
216 Posts
ur ballasts could be bad or the solnoid to switch them or u could have hooked them up wrong lots of tehings it might b

· Registered
2 Posts
Double check the wiring for the high beam low beam on your original harness make sure that it lines up with the hid kit i had a problem where my lows where highs and my highs were lows so im sure that its possible that the high beam power wire in the original harness could not be connecting to the high beam switch in the hid kit. doesnt hurt to check.

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Double check the wiring for the high beam low beam on your original harness make sure that it lines up with the hid kit i had a problem where my lows where highs and my highs were lows so im sure that its possible that the high beam power wire in the original harness could not be connecting to the high beam switch in the hid kit. doesnt hurt to check.
Demon, how to you fix the backwards wirng? my truck does the same thing

· Registered
2 Posts
Are your trucks sport models or single bulb headlights? you need to make sure that the wires are running to there correct post. i imagine your kit came with a wiriing harness that has a little plug that you plug into your original bulbs plug?

What you need to do is get a pin disconnecter. (a small nail) something that fits inside your headlight plug Inside there are little tabs for each wire and you have to push the tab down and then pull the wire out. then all you have to do is switch the high beam power wire with the low beam power wire.

Or you can just cut and swap the wires But this is cleaner. the reason for it is that 9004 and 9007 have the same plug but the high beam and low beam tabs are swapped. and the kits sometime don't differentiate the two of them.

Just tell me if you need pictures of this and i will take some for you guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.