Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Bi-Zenon kit yesterday from HID Solutions.
THIS has got to be the Gold Standard in conversions. Right from the appearance and quality of the packaging to the harness, to the quality of the plugs and components, this kit suggests quality all the way. Not often that I'm impressed enough to write about it but this kit demands a compliment. I'm tempted to install it today but its cold as can be outside. I'll post my impressions after driving at night. The present headlights are poor to terrible, as they were on my 03, 04, 04.5, and now the 06. Finally a solution!

· Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Congrats!!

Now get out there and get 'em put in. Post up how it went and post some pics.:thumbsup:

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats!!

Now get out there and get 'em put in. Post up how it went and post some pics.:thumbsup:
Well things started off fine, then went bad. My truck came from Florida and the ball and socket arrangement that steadies the top outside of the headlamp was corroded and a nightmare to get out. (sanded and used anti-seize to fix it)

The kit was an easy install and is Plug-n-play. Some ground wires, a resistor mounting plate that I mounted on a sheetmetal front support, a +12v wire and that's pretty much it except for routing the wiring harness. One problem is that the rotating lock ring was the wrong size and the bulb was loose. I had to add an additional gasket from my original halogens to get it tight. I emailed the company, they called right back to say they did have some defective ones. They offered to send me the corrected rings.

As I have already posted, my initial impression was just great. I turned on the headlights after the install and they lit immediately. They are definitely at least twice as bright as the factory bulbs but there are shadows and gaps in the lighting pattern where there were none in the halogen originals.

I turned the headlights off after about 10 minutes and when I turned them back on, the right one was out. Hmmm. Back into the garage, swapped bulbs and the one that was out did light on the opposite side so I checked all the wiring and plugs, reassembled them, and turned them on again. Now both were out. No flickering, nothing, just both out. Checked all grounds and the 12v supply (14.84v available) and the grounds were great 0 ohms between the ground terminals and the battery (-). No flickering, no codes, and still no light. No phone number for HID Solutions. I sent an email and no response. Then I found another thread and someone said the owner is snowboarding. (Nero fiddled as Rome burned.) Now I have sent another email requesting an RMA or Return Authorization Number. I'f I don't get it by tomorrow, I will call my credit card company and dispute it. Nuff said, I wouldn't do business with them again, for sure. I'm really disappointed as after my first post I was really hyped to get them in. I should also say that I'm a retired ASE Master tech so the installation was not botched.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.