Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has an 06 2500. Installed HID headlights a couple months ago, they work fine. Installed HID's in the foglights and they work when they want to. Sometimes they come right on, sometimes they flash, sometimes they don't work at all. They went a week without working, worked for two days, then died again. I'm thinking they have confused the computer, but not sure what to do about it.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

· Registered
129 Posts
I am having the same issue with my 06. I thought maybe it was the cold Alaska weather. After I talked to the guy I bought the HID's from he said they arent getting enough amps to keep them lit. So he sent me a relay setup. I have not put it on yet but as soon as I do I will let you know. The relay gets signal from the stock foglight wiring, ground from the chassis, and power straight from the battery. He said the deal was the factory wiring could just not be putting enough to the ballast to keep it lit. So I will try this. Then I will be calling him back. I have heard the resister for headlights, and I have one for my headlights. The HID guy told me I didnt need one for the foglights, and have never heard of using one for the fogs.

· Registered
677 Posts
i have the retro solutions kit with the wiring harness on my headlamps. i usually dont have a problem with those but once in a while only one of them will strike. my hid foglamps are not on a wiring harness setup and i have to be careful not to turn them on while the grid heater is cycling or they wont strike for sure. i want to get the harness for the fogs but just dont have the extra money right now.

at this point i just try to get everything going while the grid heater isnt cycling with about 20 seconds in between turing on the fogs and the heads. not sure if this is due to something like my batteries not living up to their potential or its just the nature of the beast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.