Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
i bougt a kit for mine and once they got power to them they would not shut off so I sent them back but I would love to have a set if they would work

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I was hoping to buy a new hid conversion kit but I am not sure what colour looks good on my car. Any advice?
I don't know about a car,:w: but the 6000k look great in my headlights and fogs.

·
Registered
136 Posts
6000k are sexy in anything, my whole club is running them

·
Registered
170 Posts
my 6000k are about as good as it gets wish i could find fogs to match!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm just curious why these kits are not being sold by one of the vendors on the site. I'd much rather buy a kit from a vendor on here that already has a good reputation that we trust and isn't gonna sell us a setup that flickers or doesn't work properly.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Could someone hook me up with some info about the HID's, i hear they are great, but know nothing about them! Were can i get some or a website to look at some and read up on em', i would also like to know if it is pretty in depth to put them in, since you guys consider it a conversion!:thumbsup

Thanks guys

Chad

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
I have a good friend that I get all my electronics from that does H.I.D'S on all off his customers cars and trucks. Let me get with him. I think I know the problem you are having and it comes from noise (rf) injected into the vehicle from the alternator and injectors...Stand by for a few days Guys.

Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 8000k on my and I'm very happy - what a difference! i bought a kit off ebay around $180 shipped, but you should mention that you need bi-xenon kit: hi and low beam in one bulb. very easy to install. You 'll be amaised how bright it is

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only one thing is that if you have running lights you need to disable DRL, I did so by slightly pressing parking brakes

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
The flickering is not a problem with someone who knows what they are doing on the install. They put capacitors in mine. Just as added safety they went back and added them to my headache rack.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I also have a friend who sells them. Good quality kits, it's what I run on my truck in the 6000K. Either PM me or 04SSHD and you can be helped out. I think the reason why vendors don't sell them on here is because they are not DOT approved. The flickering/not working issue can be solved in several ways, but the best is to buy a good kit from the get-go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts