Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, over the last week or better my truck has started this condition where every once in a while it will hickup/sputter like it doesn't know what the heck its doing fuel wise or somp. it has happened both while moving and while taking off. sometimes gets to where you can't do anything unless you floor it then it eventually takes off.

took the VA off couple days ago to see if that had anything to do with but nothing changed. finally went and bought a code reader today and got:

P0236-turbo/super boost sensor A ckt range/perf

P0234-Engine overboost(prob from taking VA off and creating to much boost still)

P0122-TPS/Pedal position sensor A circuit low input

Do these mean i need to look into resetting APPS or what?

Thanks for any help. need to get this thing fixed cause i'm gonna be haulin some lumber soon and need this thing runnin good

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ideas anyone???

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did the APPS reset tonight and i think i solved the problem. but now there is a new problem. radio, power mirrors, and dome lights don't work now. everything else is good and truck runs smoother than ever. checked every fuse in the two pannels and all are good. i'm at a loss

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sound like it may be an IOD fuse. Check in your fuse block for a fuse that snaps in with a black plastic retainer. make sure that this fuse is seated properly and that it is not blown. there may be two of these.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brian. ended up being that fuse after i checked all the others bc i didn't think to check that one. didn't knwo what iod meant so never crossed my mind

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
i had the same thing bud, it was terrible, sometimes did the truck shut off on u? and then start right back u? mine did that. i got a new apps and i have only had a few problems, nothing bad tho, no codes or nothing...hope u got it all figured out.

Mike

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never shut off completly but came really close. did the reset and its working good right now wiht no codes. hopefully i won't have to replace the apps anytime soon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts