Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We at Discount Power Parts are going to have a split entry house. We are breaking off into two seperate types of websites.

Discount Power Parts will be more of the accessories. It is going to get a MAJOR face lift with the addition of a very clean user interface where you will be able to select a model year from a drop down list, then select a make (A to Z, not just Ford/Dodge/Chevy), and a model.... every model. It will include hundreds of thousands of items from simple small accesories to hard parts.

Currently, Hi-Performance Diesel has the SQL database dump from the CURRENT DPP site. This will be modified and cleaned of any non Ford/Dodge/Chevy item. This site will be your hard core diesel performance site. Turbos, tuners, and all the big power... higher end parts you want.

Let me know what you think of the sites color and layout. Tell me if we have any major issues that you see.

The site is actually fully functioning right now, but we have yet to set up the split entry static page or the URL re-directs for the Hi-PerformanceDiesel.com URL.

The new Discount Power Parts will be opened up within 2-4 weeks. We are excited about the changes as we continue to grow and become better able to serve you, and make your online shopping experiance better and better!

Please give any feedback you can on the HPD website as it comes together!

Larry

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
NICE larry i hope to seeya at big knob just keep me posted on some of the pulls around

·
Go for Broke
6,699 Posts
looks good....easy to weed through and right to the point.....i like it :thumbsup

Scott

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. That is exactly what we are trying to do.

Diesel site only.
Easy and quick to get to your truck.
Easy and quick once your there to get to the kind of part you are looking for.
Easy to read for a 20 year old as well as a 65 year old.
Attractive enough to hold your attention and turn good conversion rates.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
11,500 is a good fair price for a 6" tip. We make profit, the Pennsylvania economy gets "Stimulated", and I bet I'll have a faster truck next year once we sale 5 or 10 tips. I say round it up to $12,000.... no one likes half numbers.

Sorry, I was actually playing around in the back end last night and I must have punched something in REALLY wrong!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I dont think so Larry. A customer PM'd me about an RBP tip that was added to the site yesterday. Price tag...$11,500.50 Oops!
Now do you crap gold after buying that tip or what?:T: Jk new site looks great!:beer
I really like how you break down the smartys and make it easier to figure out what you need.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dennis,

I did that because I have taken calls from guys with bone stock trucks that swear that they want to run the 4K TNT file. I decided to make it clear that if you dont have a mod'ed cummins you can not run the 4K tune. The last thing that Marco and Bob Wagner want is guys out there destroying engines with the tunes. All of us Smarty dealers need to make sure we are putting the right kind of tunes in the customers hands to protect himself from himself!

Thanks for the input, we are always looking for constructive feedback on what we are doing right... or wrong!

Larry

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Dennis,

I did that because I have taken calls from guys with bone stock trucks that swear that they want to run the 4K TNT file. I decided to make it clear that if you dont have a mod'ed cummins you can not run the 4K tune. The last thing that Marco and Bob Wagner want is guys out there destroying engines with the tunes. All of us Smarty dealers need to make sure we are putting the right kind of tunes in the customers hands to protect himself from himself!
Yeah that is a great idea.:thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts