Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finally doing the deletes on my truck, I am just like most of you guys and want more power already!!

I am thinking about stacking a MP-8 on top of my XRT Pro. I read on here that you need a "plug" for the MP-8, is that true?

Also decided to start putting money aside for a new transmission, I dont imagine it will last too long from what I am reading. RSD has a BD Power tranny for $3200......thinking about that with a suncoast TC.

Is the MP8 the best option for a stack? WHat else do you guys recommened?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I think you would be better off saving that $400 and putting it towards your trans. it doesnt really make a huge difference. Maybe buy your intake with that?
just my opinion

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Military Veteran
2,093 Posts
I think you would be better off saving that $400 and putting it towards your trans. it doesnt really make a huge difference. Maybe buy your intake with that?
just my opinion
I agree. Use that $$$ towards something else. If you really want an MP8 still let me know I have one collecting dust

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
The mp-8 does make a difference. I have it stacked with an edge juice. Here is a youtube video of an install on a 5.9 with dyno tests. Good luck.
Yes stacked with the edge it made a slight difference. However he has an xrt. I think his money would be better off saving for a trans to actually hold some power rather then just trying to put more fuel to it. :confused013:

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,573 Posts
Agree with these guys! MP8 is good with no other power adders. That XRT has the capabilities of putting more fuel in then the ole turbo can keep up with. Keep saving your money and get a transmission.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
made that easier!! THanks for the info.

·
Military Veteran
2,093 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·