Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Traded my Hemi in for a 2007 2500 5.9l! I am trying to learn all I can about these trucks. Mine has 83000 miles, and I have no real idea about what has been done maintenance wise. Sticker says the oil needs to be changed at 88000, but what else do I need to look at and what do I need to replace it with? Thanks for the help, and cant wait to start haulin!

·
Registered
225 Posts
welcome. did you get a carfax with the truck? if so, the last time the truck had maintenance done at a reputable establishment, the carfax would show what was done. if no carfax, then i'd change fluids now, at least the oil and fuel filter. i'm no "diesel expert", and you can't spin a piston without hitting at least a dozen experts here :) , so i'm sure you'll get a ton of advice on what to do.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, the carfax didnt say anything about maintenance, so I'm not sure what has been done or when. The oil I think was changed at the dealership where I purchased it from. I am thinking about changing the fuel filter, rear and front diff fluid, maybe transfer case fluid, and trans fluid. Are there any other problems I need to look for? Also do you like the MBRP exhaust your running?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
:welcome:
enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
i love it, not over bearing with a drone but not quiet like the stock setup. didn't really do anything for my mileage, but it did seem to improve throttle reaction.

·
Marble Crusher
1,856 Posts
Welcome to the site! If you bought it from a dealer then the oil and filter were most likely just changed, i would go ahead and change the fuel filter for piece of mind. As far as carfaxing for maintenance and oil changes is a waste of time to me, i do alot of my own work and so do alot of guys on here, mine doesnt have any record of maintenance for the past 2 years cause ive done it all myself!

-Jordan-

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
5,536 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts