Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeb - A while back you posted a great upgrade to the trans cooling by adding a second stock cooler. You said you were going to follow up with a parts list and review once it was finished.

I really want to increase the trans cooling. Did you finish the mod? Parts list? How did it work?

Thanks for pushing the limits for us.:thumbsup:

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,835 Posts
Jebh Bought A New Truck Yesterday So I Dont Know For Sure If He Ever Finished It But I Can Get In Touch With Him If You Would Like

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, please ask him if he finished it.

Can't wait to see what he does with his new truck.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Hey guys!!!

I did finish that extra cooler on both the tranny and the power steering... It worked good for me, I just wished I had done this long before I did in order to save the power steering pump...

Yes I also got a new 09' that I will put all this stuff on once I get all the stuff off the 07 that I added, as well as all the emission stuff back on that I took off LOL... I got to get the 07 to the dealer ASAP... Then top off the fact I have come down with the flu or whatever it is that has me by the throat right now LOL... I would have to die to feel worse right now.

I think my original thread on the coolers being stacked had all the part numbers with the exception of the quick disconnect ends that are needed on the tranny hose that loops those two coolers together...

The funny thing now on this new 09' is with the much smaller intercooler it has, there is more than enough room to stack even a third cooler for these two items... I hate the whole issue with this new sized intercooler guys... I guess if you lived up north in Canada or the like, it would be fine; here in Texas and working the truck in tow all the time as I do, that small intercooler will follow the path of what the damn EGR system does to the motor also!!!
Which is shorten the life expectancy of the 6.7... JIMO the truck as they come off the factory floor are great if you don't live in the real world. It would make a great commuter vehicle if you just wanted a truck to drive to the grocery store and to pick-up the kids from school...

Here is a hyper link to the thread on the coolers I hope... I will get what part numbers posted up that might be missing though, as its a great mod I thought... One I will be doing to the 09 also and much sooner on this new truck than I did on the 07' LOL....

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/94227-coolers-added-tranny-power-steering.html

This see if this works on the hyper link above...

·
CAPTAIN DILLIGAF
3,835 Posts
Good Write Up Jeb If You Need Any Help With Yours Let Me And Stetson Know Im A Good Watcher-wrench Getter-beer Drinker Lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jeb.

Good luck with the new truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts