Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i am in need of some help, my wife thinks that my 07 Ram 2500 6.7 gets bad mpg, so she wants me to sell it. I say i dont think so. So what i need help with is what can i do to increase my MPG?

Thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well, MPG does not seem to be the real issue here. There seems to be a deeper more important problem that needs to be dealt with first. That is the wife making decisions about your truck. I think you could use a good dose of horsepower TV on Saturday morning. If your like me you will be watching it in the basement so as not to get in her way.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
i would look into a tuner or chip that is mild, so that you dont cause any excess regens. They all can be used to help mileage if you can keep your foot off the skinny pedal.

Tyler

·
Registered
684 Posts
:welcome:

More info needed here.

Why is the mrs concerned? myob
what are you using the truck for?
Is it loaded or unloaded?
What is your trucks usual weight? Are you carrying anything that is not needed like tire chains in the summer?
What kind of tires are you running? mudders ding ya. Is the tire pressure at max?
How is your right foot? our car & truck get better mpg when the mrs drives them.
what are you using for fuel? BioD has ~10% less energy.
when taking off try and keep the tac at low rpm.
use hills to your advantage, coast when you can.

·
Dey took er jerbs!
1,741 Posts
Just tell her at least you didn't buy a d-max or p-stroke!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:welcome:

More info needed here.

Why is the mrs concerned? myob
what are you using the truck for?
Is it loaded or unloaded?
What is your trucks usual weight? Are you carrying anything that is not needed like tire chains in the summer?
What kind of tires are you running? mudders ding ya. Is the tire pressure at max?
How is your right foot? our car & truck get better mpg when the mrs drives them.
what are you using for fuel? BioD has ~10% less energy.
when taking off try and keep the tac at low rpm.
use hills to your advantage, coast when you can.
well i mostly use the truck for towing my 21'' wake boat, 10'' landscape trailer and my dirt bikes in the bed. would a chip/tuner, intake and exhaust be worth it or should i just get the chip/tuner.

·
Registered
684 Posts
would a chip/tuner, intake and exhaust be worth it or should i just get the chip/tuner.
IMO, intakes are always a good thing on these tucks.

IDK about the exhaust, someone suggested a DPF delete.

IMO, depending on the chip/tuner it can be a good thing. Unfortunately every thing I did to my truck to improve mpg also helped increase horse power. So I like to :peelout:lol3:

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Damn, all my girl says is "is that all this things got?" gotta love the women who own more cars then you do... :p

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just tell her
"Sorry hon, the truck is a part of me now. I have diesel in my veins and smoke in my head. If I have to drive anything else, it will make me mad and let the smoke out. Then you will not like me much anymore.":RANTIN::kill:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts