Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Hey guys another question.

513 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  cerberusiam
So I found another 24v last night, the VP 24v. They are wanting to sell it for 1000bucks, however here is the issue.

The block is cracked. Now, if I went ahead and broke down the motor and lets say I grabbed the rods and pistons in there. If they are good, should I grab them you think? Or does having a cracked black kind of a bad sign for those rods and pistons. Now this block is one of the blocks thats actually bad is it the 53 block? or something I can't remember (can someone tell me). Anyways just let me know. If I can grab a few parts out of it like the rods and pistons I would like to grab them.

Also, what all works with a 24v that can go with a CR?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
15,655 Posts
If its a 53 block the crack is in the water jacket on the outer part of the block and hsould not have effected the internals unless they got it hot.

The rods and cam will interchange. I think the pistons are different as is the head, not sure about the crank.

· Premium Member
15,655 Posts
I **think** the spray angle and bowl design is enough different that there may issues. Not really sure so might want to check that with somebody that has done a lot of playing with parts.:confused013:

Good Luck. :party018:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.