Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

hey every one! new guy here

697 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Sandhills Native
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI! my name is Savva. im originally from CT and have been station in Nebraska. Im a Staff Sergeant in the Military and have been in for 6 years. I am currently on month 9 of a year tour in Afghanistan on a ETT team. fun. if you have any questions for me feel free to ask (i dont know what else to put here).

im not new to the Diesel world, i currently have a Jetta turbo diesel and had a VW touareg v10 TDI also. non diesel wise i had one older ram and a 2008 larame(sp) 1500 before i deployed but sold it so i can save for a diesel.

im looking at getting into a nice low milage 2500 cummins 5.9 when i get back. 6-speed perf. im a bit worried about getting a 6.7 from all the stories i hear about the DPF and the EGR systems.

as far as modding it?? i think the most i will do is a bully dog pmt, nice tires, turboback, willies intake and a line-x.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Welcome, I'm just down the road a ways from Offutt AFB I'm from Eagle

· Vigilante
813 Posts
Welcome to the site Savva. Are you looking for a 6 speed auto or manual. If manual I am trying to sell mine. With or without all the mods. I am going to get an auto. I am actually talking to another forum member about doing a tranny with him, but if you are interested I would rather sell mine and buy an auto than do a swap. Stay safe and thanks for serving for my freedoms. Let me know.

My truck is in the truck classifieds with pics if you want to see it!:thumbsup:

· Registered
118 Posts
Hey Savva, there are a few of us military guys on this forum. I am an E-5 with the ARMY guard (ex-active ARMY) getting ready to deploy again to Afghanistan in 9 months. This is a great informative site I think you will find very valuable, if and when you buy your Cummins. Keep us posted, and welcome to the site.

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the welcome guys! yes a manual is what im looking for, unfortunatly a Mega cag is a little to mega for me. thanks though!

· Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the site. I am new to this site also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.