Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup yall just fired up a new account here at cumminsforum. i've came to the site a few times and checked out some posts, don't know why i didn't register a long time ago. but anywho, just wanted to say hello to all, and for all who's wondering......

04 2500 afe stg 2 cold air, afe bladerunner, edge 70hp, mbrp 4" cool duals...autometer 3 guage pillar (pyro, fuel, boost)

looking at running at the track here soon one of these weekends, which day is the best for me to come out to castrol? or race city? living in calgary right now, but working in red deer mon-thurs so im pretty much open to anything.

also im looking at a tranny here soon as its starting to slip from all the bs i put the old girl through, i want something thats gonna handle the S&A i give her. but not something thats gonna break the bank, i know that mike from med hat ran nadp's heavy hauler race tranny but they want 6g's can i get away with just getting the tranny rebuilt and just beef up the tc? or is just better to buy something with a warranty? ie nadp's HH race tranny?????

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Hey Man! Welcome!!!!!

I am going to try and answer some of your questions...LOL

I am not to sure about the track in Calgary, I think they run on Friday. But here in Edmonton, we have Street Legals every Firday night. It is $25 to race all night and $10 to watch.

As for your tranny, yes the NADP/NAPC Heavy Haulers are wicked and put up with a lot of abuse. We run a custom Heavy Hauler in the one truck and it's great. But for those who cant' afford one (which yes they are a bit pricey), you can get the tranny rebuilt by NADP and it will beef it up some. The transfer case should be fine...This falls under the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" catagory. Unless you want to spend cash, in which case don't cheap out on the tranny...LOL! When you call to ask about your tranny and what can be done, ask for Kim or Tony, they are both very knowledgable. If you are looking for anything outside of powertrain, ask for Craig or Collin.

Good Luck and I hope this helps you some...

·
3rd Gen Guy
2,095 Posts
welcome to the forum!! lots of info glad another common rail got here!!

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
welcome, i live near red deer but work in edmonton so the track is on the way home on friday nights, wanted to go last week but too much rain. you can phone big dog performance in calgary, they can help you with the tranny, i know lots of guys running the nadp race tranny's, all very happy, yah it's pricy but it will be the last one you ever put in your truck. peace of mind is priceless. i know as soon as Barry figures out the 6 speed upgrade for my new one it will be going in.:welcome:

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
welcome, i live near red deer but work in edmonton so the track is on the way home on friday nights, wanted to go last week but too much rain. you can phone big dog performance in calgary, they can help you with the tranny, i know lots of guys running the nadp race tranny's, all very happy, yah it's pricy but it will be the last one you ever put in your truck. peace of mind is priceless. i know as soon as Barry figures out the 6 speed upgrade for my new one it will be going in.:welcome:
I'm on tranny number 2 with my truck I just have a HD TQ and sun coast upgrade kit in my truck, which NADP did but it didn't last, the tranny is works but has a mind of its own. Sun coast is working on a tranny they are suppose to be putting slicks on there truck and bringing it to the track next weekend to see how it holds up. The guy I was talking to said there truck is around 500HP so hopfully it works then I can try one of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts