Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

here it is 2nd gen with a 3rd gen front end front clip transfer

41547 Views 36 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  Racer26
here i found this truck for sale in Austin TX for 7500 its a 95 2500 with a 2006 front clip and a 2006 bed not bad just needs a little body work to make the lines flow but to me the fender flair flows good, i wouldn't pay 7500 for it but its a good idea for someone like me that loves his 12 valve but dont or cant pay for a 2006 and i did the looking around for the front body parts and you are looking on spending like 600 to 900 for the complete front end,

what you think

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
i like it! :thumbsup: i really think with a little work the fenders would line up nicely. dont know about the box lines tho, id opt for the stock box, i might look into the front end conversion tho. i bet it wouldnt be that hard. we need a wright up:S: on with my search for a new front clip:party018:

· Diesel Junkie
10,448 Posts
thats still a 3rd gen front clip, BTW

nice find! Iwas trying to figure if this would work :thumbsup:

do you have the link for the ad in Austin?

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
like i said i am new to dodge,sorry. yea the bed is not worth it but i like to have the newer tail lights i wonder if a 2003 bed will go with the 2nd gen???

but here is the listing description in the san antonio tx craigs list( i have nothing to do with this truck but it just got my eye, something that i would like to do to my 98 12 valve)

DIESEL 2500 DODGE TRANSFORMER EDITION SALE TRADE - $7500 (SOUTH)

DODGE CUMMINS
RACING
LIFT
WHIT
NEW ALL TERRAINS
TRANSFOMER
ALL FRONT BODY AND THE BED IS 06 DODGE 2500
BUT IS 95 4X4
ONLY 90K
VERY FAST se habla espanol
SALE OR TRADE TEXT AT512 712 0248

· Diesel Junkie
10,448 Posts
I may go see this truck this weekend :thumbsup:

· Registered
264 Posts
in my opinion. it looks horrible. however if the factory bed were in place, and the front clip had just a tad of work done to make it line up i believe it could look great

· Registered
264 Posts
hey taquache if you do go get it or see it can you please take many pictures of the truck, that's all i ask i what to do the same thing to my truck
i agree. with you on that

· Registered
9,910 Posts
i also have to say it looks like crap...

Ditch the box and go with the stock, then a little bit of hammer work to get the front to line up a bit better and youve got a wicked little truck!

Maybe hack the 3rd gen taillights into the 2nd gen box to keep the same 3rd gen look out back...?

· Registered
1,830 Posts
I like it, just might have to look ito doing that someday as I love the 3rd gens early and late

· Registered
264 Posts
ykdave had a good idea. i just dont have the kind of money to play with right now or i feel i would be inclined to bail off in one of those face lifts.:drool2:

· Hemi
13,184 Posts
IMO this truck looks like shiit in person. I was riding next to him a couple months ago. I could see the headlights shaking around in my rearview when I was in front of him.

· Banned
1,322 Posts
easy u guys, its a good idea, and a good start, just needs some tlc to get it to where it should be

· Registered
182 Posts
I think this thing looks great, for a work in progress. Keep the stock bed, trim the back of the front fenders and weld in part of the 2nd gen ones so all the bodylines match up. Throw on some 3rd gen badges and molding and you got yourself a fine lookin truck! I might go with the '03-'05 front end though, just cause I like that style better.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.