Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Yuma has cooled off for the most part, I'm doing a program and delete this weekend. It kinda bothers me messing with programming since it can basically ruin everything. So far I hooked up the trickle charger to the DS battery and now I have the programmer plugged in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now I have a question... On following the instructions for step 1. It says to unlock the ecm but it says it's already unlocked with a code that says csp5mod. On step step 2 I did what it said and all it did was step 1 again. Step 2 is flashing calibrations into the ecm. What's going on? It won't let me load a tune

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks anyway. I figured it out. It was unlocked from the dealer when they had that stupid recall. So far I have everything unplugged and changed the downpipe / dpf but kept the muffler. On the tow tune I took it out for a drive and what a difference!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i have a question for anyone who has done this or similar to what I have so far. I used the search feature of the website but either nothing or a lot of something that has nothing to do with what I asked. on startup, there's a sound like a combination of an air chuck and a skill saw, same as when the exhaust brake comes on. im wondering if the band around the down pipe / turbo is tight enough.

question 2. I know the instructions from anarchy say to drive it with less than 50% throttle for 75ish miles so the trans can "learn" but something feels amiss. 1st to 2nd 3rd is nice and smooth but 3rd to 4th is horrible. it shifts really hard and 4th to 5th isn't as bad but I can feel it. 5th to 6th smooth. do I just need to wait?

question 3. when I removed my stock down pipe / dpf, all of the temp probes etc were obviously removed as well. has anyone put them back to read post turbo temps?

sorry, just re read the thread and I never said what I did exactly or who I went with.
went with an anarchy tuner and flopro 4" downpipe and dpf delete. havnt doe the egr yet. all that is just unplugged...

·
All Stock
118 Posts
Transmission should get better. I had to do 30 miles with no more than 30% throttle.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: danthman114

·
All Stock
118 Posts
What tuner do you have?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I got it from anarchy diesel... I would post a pic but it wont let me for some reason...
One more post. I think you need 50 posts for pix and see classified section.

Reactions: danthman114

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Transmission should get better. I had to do 30 miles with no more than 30% throttle.

ok thanks. I did have to roll into the throttle a bit but never went over 50% I believe. enough to break the tires free abit and coal up a charger alittle but not hot rodding. that will teach those kids to ride my bumper. I didn't even switch gears, in fact...

·
All Stock
118 Posts
Ok you have EFI live. Never dealt with that or Anarchy. You won't be able to monitor the stock egt with your setup. It would be a good idea to go ahead and check and make sure everything is tight and not leaking. May just be the new exhaust sound you are not used to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok you have EFI live. Never dealt with that or Anarchy. You won't be able to monitor the stock egt with your setup. It would be a good idea to go ahead and check and make sure everything is tight and not leaking. May just be the new exhaust sound you are not used to.

that's what im thinking. I have the probe to read the exhaust temps but I havnt installed it yet. Im half tempted to put the stock downpipe back in to read the post turbo temps but not sure if they omitted that in the program as well or weld in a bung and add the stock probe... IF that will work, who knows...

·
Cummins Freak
3,256 Posts
You would be better served to get an Edge CTS with the EG probe kit and drill your exhaust manifold pre Turbo. Or if you delete your EGR you can use the rear block off plate!!!

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
So why did you not contact them instead of putting names up?

Reactions: SRich12

·
Registered
177 Posts
I bought the same tuner and CTS2 combo.
I see various solutions to the accessories EAS EGT probe. The cooler block off looks good. Better than an exhaust port? Not real keen on leaving shavings to pass thru the turbo. Not sure any harm. Bit of grease and have at it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
All Stock
118 Posts
that's what im thinking. I have the probe to read the exhaust temps but I havnt installed it yet. Im half tempted to put the stock downpipe back in to read the post turbo temps but not sure if they omitted that in the program as well or weld in a bung and add the stock probe... IF that will work, who knows...
The truck will not show you egt on its own. You have to get a gauge or monitor and the corresponding probe to read it. The downpipe sensor will not help you in this situation.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts