Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my Juice w/ Att. truck starts normal but accelerator pedal does nothing. What can it be?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just installed Juice w/ Att. and now truck starts and idles normal but accelerator pedal does nothing. What can it be?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Just installed my Juice w/ Att. truck starts normal but accelerator pedal does nothing. What can it be?
Check for error codes...
OBD II Error Codes

Check for a loose connection at the APPS sensor.

But there is only 2 thing that cause dead pedal...

1. VP44 is dead... (P0216, P1688, P1689 error codes)
2. APPS sensor connection problem or complete failure of the APPS sensor... (P0121, P0122, P0123 error codes)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P0122. What is it? Is there anything I can do myself?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
That is the APPS sensor error code...
P0122 - Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) Signal Voltage Too Low. APPS voltage input below the minimum acceptable voltage.

I would check the wiring on the APPS sensor and make sure its clean and good connection. No broken pins in the connector...

If that doesn't help I guess it time for a new APPS sensor... Dealer only item and it cost about $400 bucks... Yeah I know it smarts the pocket book. :thud:

I've been there done that...:w:

Anyone else want to verify his problems??? Second opinion...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the wire from the Edge is tapped into it. I just took it off and disconnected both batteries and let it set for a while. hopefully it will clear and work

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
check the wiring to the APPS

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
and do you have any codes?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
P0122. wiring looks good. i disconnected everything back to stock and checking if it still comes on. anything else i should look for?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
the wire from the Edge is tapped into it. I just took it off and disconnected both batteries and let it set for a while. hopefully it will clear and work
Nope... It won't clear the error code... You will need a OBDII Scanner or ScanGauge II to clear the codes.

But you might check you wiring on the APPS sensor and verify you hooked it up properly... Also make sure you didn't break the wire during the install...

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
does it work if you un-plug the Edge box??

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
you tapped a wire in to the APPS ???

there should be no wires going to the APPS.....VP yes but not the apps

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
i merged both of your threads into 1 so it will be easier to help :thumbsup

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tapped the VP44 injection pump wire. The exact same one on the install manual.The turns on and idles fine, it's just the pedal doesn;t work. I do have a code reader, its built into the Tirepaq.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
and this all started when you installed the Edge?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. and now i guess i'm screwed

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
check the plug on the pass side of the VP44....it's towards the bottom of it

you could also try pulling the battery cables and turn the key on for 15 min...once you hook it back up turn the key on again and slowly press the peddle to the floor...do that 3 times

you could also try a APPS reset

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is the APPS reset? I've already disconnected the battery and let set for 15-20 minutes twice already and I gt the same result. I rehecked the wire i tapped and it looks good. But I'll go out and try the pedal thing.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts
RESETTING THE APPS SENSOR.
(ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION SENSOR)
2ND GENERATION 24 VALVE TRUCKS ONLY.

LIST OF TOOLS NEEDED

DIGITAL VOLT METER
# 20 TORQUE BIT SOCKET
# 1 PHILLIPS
# 10 MM SOCKET

Proper service and repair procedures are vital to ensure personal safety of those performing the repairs. Standard safety procedures and precautions should be followed at all times to eliminate the personal injury or improper service, which could damage the vehicle or compromise its safety.
Although this material has been prepared with the intent to provide reliable information, no liability is assumed in reliance of this material.

It has come to my attention that a lot of people think by disconnecting & re-connecting the batteries and stepping on the throttle it is going to reset the apps, no, that is not correct. It is impossible to adjust your apps if you do not know where it is supposed to be set at. That is why you need the voltmeter.

This is the procedure I use to re-set the apps.

With the key on, engine off you need to probe the apps wire to see where your voltage is currently set at.
The best location to probe the wire is on the PCM (power control module) which is located off the passenger side of the firewall.

· You want the C1 connector, this is the connector closest to the engine,
· You want the orange wire with the dark blue tracer which is pin # 23
· Voltage should read somewhere around 0.5 volts,
· At this point the voltage reading does not matter, it just has to be accurately written down for later reference.

*** TURN THE IGNITION OFF ON THE TRUCK ***

· The apps sensor is located slightly above and a little to the left of the injection pump.

· Remove the black plastic cover that is located by your injection pump.

The two screws that are holding it are plastic, do not put any downward pressure on them or you will never get them off.

· Un do the 6 - 10 mm headed bolts that hold the bracketry in place.
(DO NOT REMOVE THE CABLES)

You will notice the apps is on the back of the bracketry that you just removed, it is held in place by 2 - 20 bit screws. These screws have a little bit of locktite on them so make sure you have a good socket and gently give a little tap with a hammer before attempting to loosen. Be very careful these screws strip very easily and you only get one shot at them.

· On the apps you will find a white tag that gives you the information on what the apps adjustment should be.

· After loosening the screws you can rotate the apps both clockwise and counter clockwise to get the adjustment you need.

· The reading you took at the beginning of the process on pin # 23 should match the white tag on your apps, if not adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks . i'll give it a shot. if this doesn't work. Then What?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts